Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin Ideas

Options
llrickman
llrickman Posts: 654
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ive had my BGE for about 4 years but ive never done pork Tenderloins on it. I was just looking for a good tasting simple idea for them. I had 3 racks of St Louis on the egg now and though during the last hour id throw on the tenderlions

Thanks

2 LBGE
Digi Q
green Thermapen
AR

Albuquerque, NM

Comments

• Northarrow
    Northarrow Posts: 103
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Pork tenderloins are one of my favorites. I do a quick one hour marinade of ginger, oyster sauce, sesame oil & lime. Then a generous coating of Raging River rub and it's good to go. 45 minutes +/- to 170 degress. Always good.
    Kennebunk, Maine
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I like them stuffed.

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1170242&catid=1

There are lots of ways, but go for 140-145F internal.

Stabilize BGE at 350°F. using inverted plate setter and raised grid. Add apple wood to the coals. Place tenderloins on raised grid and cook/smoke until internal temperature reaches 145°F.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I did one on the mini, some simple seasoning and threw it on. Nice, easy , and juicy no complaints. Ive eaten that cut like that maybe a 10 times in my life but will do it again, its never really been a go to for cooking.
    Seattle, WA
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    Thanks all  i appreciate the help  ive got the 3 racks laying on the egg so during the last hour i'll add my raised grid and cook em that way. I dont have the stuff for the marinade right now . Do you think rubbed with Mustard or evoo the dusted with one of the dizzy pig rubs would work?

2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Northarrow
    Northarrow Posts: 103
    Options
    A little evoo & Dizzy Pig would work fine.
    Kennebunk, Maine
  • grillingunner
    Options
    I just did two tenderloins. I seasoned both of them last night and smoked them today at 350 indirect with pecan chips. They took about an hour and a half to get to 170 degrees.  I used Bad Byrons butt rub on one and Howling Dogs spice rub  on the other They came out wonderful. The one with Bad Byrons Butt Rub was a little spicy but is was good. I will do these again. Sorry I forgot to take photos. 
    LBGE And MINI Egg
  • Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    edited August 2012
    Options

Pork Tenderloin Marinade
    1/4 C. olive oil
    3 T. soy sauce
    1 T. Worcestershire sauce
    1 t. ginger (I've used both fresh and powdered)
    3-4 cloves crushed garlic
    1/4 C. brown sugar
    3 T. Dijon mustard
    1/4 C. Jack Daniels

Combine all ingredients and tenderloin in a ziplock bag and marinade overnight
    Cook direct at 400 degrees turning occasionally until internal temp is 145-150
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

I like to splay and pound out three or four so I can get a reasonable amount of stuffing in

Roll up and tie

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    At your age. There's no way you pound out three or four. (my favorite canadian. Love ya, buddy)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I remember when this used to be a much friendlier place

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I wonder how many people know that reference? Ah. The good old days :)) Btw steven, what's with all the knots and toothpicks? Thing looks like an armadillo that ean into a cactus! One knot is all you should need. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c369/stike1/16_Bresaola_Tied.jpg (pics via iPhone apparently not feasible?)
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I wonder how many people know that reference? Ah. The good old days :)) Btw steven, what's with all the knots and toothpicks? Thing looks like an armadillo that ean into a cactus! One knot is all you should need. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c369/stike1/16_Bresaola_Tied.jpg (pics via iPhone apparently not feasible?)
    Yeah, I know the clove hitch too. In this case it requires too much handling. A piece of rotted meat can be moved around a bit with few negative effects. Fresh food, however, requires a little more attention

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Soon to be rotted, you mean
  • Little Steven
    Options
    You know what I mean sweetness

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    Options
    I think you mean you dunno how to tie a dang roast:) Looked good. that thing was huge.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Went back into the archives a little today and dug this one up and grilled a pair of pork tenderloins today. It was TOO EASY. Makes me wonder why we don't do this every week. Used Mike8it's marinade recipe for three hours in the fridge above and cooked it raised direct with a little cherry smoke at 350F dome to IT of 140F. Definitely a home run! Threw in a waffle pan of veggies and sweet potato steaks. The family was amazed, we have some left but only because we're 'civilized'. Highly recommended.