Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Accessories Help Needed

Options
EddieK76
EddieK76 Posts: 416
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Gentleman,

I've saved up some cash to add some more accessories.  I know I'm getting a spider and wok but is there a cost effective way to add more levels of cooking to have multiple items on the Egg for bigger cooks?  I've looked at some of the adjustables and those carry a hefty price tag...Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Large BGE

Comments

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Eddie, Good to see you on this forum. The Ceramic Grill Store used to make an extender that would fit on top of your normal grid and give you more room to cook on but looking at their site, it looks like they don't make it anymore. BGE does make a grill extender that does the same thing so that may be an option for you.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You can buy round grilling grates from your local hardware store for about $10 - I bought some made by Weber.  Bricks are around a dollar a piece.  You need at least 3 bricks. 
    edited August 2012
    Options
    An inexpensive way to get a second/raised grid is to buy a slightly smaller grid than your main one (weber has many sizes) and use a couple of fire bricks, or a nuts and bolts set up.  You can also use empty beverage cans to get the raised effect.  Try the search function and if nothing there then try google with big green egg in the header.  Lots of creative ways to go vertical w/o going to the after-market products although they are eggcellent.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Daveh1976
    Options
    Swing Rack.  See the thread on page #2.