Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE integrated to my home theater

Options
DaveM
DaveM Posts: 100
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Finally got the CyberQ working.  The new firmware is much better.

Check out the pict :-)  Ignore the errors as the smoke is nearly done and I keep opening it to check with my thermapen.

Now, if I could figure out Picture-in-Picture, I could overlay a webcam of the BGE.

--D
--Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill

Comments

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    That is way too cool.  Is it worth upgrading from the digiq DX2 or do they still have a few more bugs to work out?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Hi-tech, love it. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    Nice copper watering can on the upper left shelf - antique?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• DaveM
    Options
    If you are willing to fight through the setup (it is really kudgey), it is worth it.  Damian in their tech support is very helpful - he got me setup over email.  I've got no clue on the copper can; my wife does the decorating and I do the grilling :-)

My first overnight smoke seems to be a success.  Almost 18 hours and I've got at least 1.5# of fuel left over.  Now, I've got 2 butts to shred...  Yum!

• rabdogg
    rabdogg Posts: 43
    Options
    Ok. Now I'm sold!
    Green Eggin' in Lafayette, Louisiana
  • Onegrecook
    Onegrecook Posts: 121
    Options
    I've got everything set up mine so I can control it from my work computer outside my home network. What does it take to connect it to my home theater?
  • DaveM
    Options
    My TV has a Windows movie server that allows web pages. That did it. Aother idea is an AppleTV and have a local Mac send its display to it.
  • michigan_jason
    Options
    I just ran a hdmi cable from one of my laptops and leave the laptop in the entertainment center. Also lets me tie into my security system and watch my eggs. 2 of my cameras in the back can see the eggs while they are smoking away.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."