Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New Egghead from Greece

makismakis Posts: 79
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I would like to take this opportunity and say hi to all Eggheads no matter where you are.

I live in a small city in Greece and I have been visiting the U.S on business since 2003.
In 2007 i wasin Huston and i tried for the first time real BBQ and it was the best thing I had ever eaten.

Five years after and a lot of research I decided to buys smoker. At the time i was looking at WSM because this was the only available in Greece.

In July, after reading many good things about the BGE I pulled the trigger on the XL. I have a family of three so far but you can never go too big on the egg.

With shipping it cost me $2000 but it was well worth it. It truly makes the same kind of food that I eat when I visit USA and I have been using it three to four times a week.
My very first butt came out perfect for pulled pork and I have cooked chicken,salmon, wings and stakes with perfect results every time.

I fried my gasket on my second cook (steaks) and been going without one ever since with no problems.

I will be posting regularly and any advice is welcome.

Keep smoking everyone and thank you for a great forum...

Makis

Comments