Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maverick bbq remote thermometer, ET 7-32

mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
has anyone tried  or can this be connected to computer - maybe to track temps

thanks

mr toad
In dog Beers - I have had only one !
·

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 7,782
    Many of us own one...myself included.

It's awesome and comes w/ a two remotes. One that you plug probes into to monitor grill and meat temp. The 2nd remote has great distance and just gives you temp readings.

You can't plug it into a computer.

Highly recommend and you should be able to pick one up on amazon for around $60.
    Join the 2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange!  Find out more information here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182005/2015-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • cazzy said:

Many of us own one...myself included.

It's awesome and comes w/ a two remotes. One that you plug probes into to monitor grill and meat temp. The 2nd remote has great distance and just gives you temp readings.

You can't plug it into a computer.

Highly recommend and you should be able to pick one up on amazon for around $60.

+1

·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,001
    I use the 732 for medium long cooks and the digiq DX2 for low and slows.  Both are excellent.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    No on the puter connection. I love mine. It's cheap and it works.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • I can... Kind of. I put the 2nd controller in front of my webcam. Then when im out and about i remotely log into the computer to check out the temp
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,001
    I can... Kind of. I put the 2nd controller in front of my webcam. Then when im out and about i remotely log into the computer to check out the temp

That's a great idea.  I'll try that this weekend.  I guess now I'll need a wifi enabled web cam so I can do the same with my digiq.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • One controller goes by the meat. The other goes in front of my desktop. The webcam is plugged into the desktop and "open" so its viewing the room.. See attached pic then i use a program for droids called splashtop. I log in and i can view whatever my webcam is looking at... I. E ican view the temp

·
  • As far as the digi q.. If you have a laptop you could always put it in range to be viewed or something
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Hmmm skype from laptop to phone????
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • anezanez Posts: 121
    i have the mav et-7 and don't like it all. terrible range with the remote, goes out all the time. waste of money. tho i want to try this one, seems reliable.
    ·
  • No problem with my Maverick...excellent temp and range
    ·
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
    thanks for the info and comments

mr toad
    In dog Beers - I have had only one !
    ·