Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Margarita Recipes to Enjoy while cooking on the BGE

Options
2SCdoodlegg
2SCdoodlegg Posts: 92
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
We bought our BGE in June, and we just adore it!  I am also addicted to the forum.  I have learned SO much by reading and lurking.  I especially like the camaraderie and collective wisdom of the group.  I am wondering if you have any really good margarita recipes that go well with cooking and entertaining with the BGE.

1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!

Comments

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. I know you will enjoy it, lots of great people and info.
    Here is a mix I use for Margarita's:

4    SHOTS OF MARGARITA MIX

2    SHOTS OF TEQUILA

3/4 SHOT OF COINTREAU

1    SHOT OF SIMPLE SYRUP

1    SHOT OF LEMONCHELLO

SHAKE IN MIXER WITH ICE, POUR INTO CHILLED GLASS WITH ICE AND SERVE

If you don't have lemoncello, no big deal.

Enjoy this while you are grilling, don't let them sneak up on you.

;)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • scottyintx
    Options

Here's my favorite Margarita...served either on the rocks or on the stem:
    1. 1oz 100% agava silver tequila (I use Herradura)

2. 1/2 oz Grand Marnier

3. 1/2 - 1oz Agave nectar (i don't like mine real sweet so I use 1/2 oz)

4. 2 oz FRESHLY SQEEZED lime juice.

Top ingredients is the key to a great margarita!! I do not like mixes in my margaritas.....

• scottyintx
    Options
    oh yeah....Shake and poor over ice OR shake and strain into chilled margarita glass....and of course salt rim!!
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    I like mine how scottyintx does...lime juice please-no sour mix.
  • SoCal_Griller
    SoCal_Griller Posts: 516
    edited August 2012
    Options
    2 shots of a decent tequila (Good ones are for sipping!)
    1 shot of your favorite orange liqueur (we use Patron Citrogne)
    Juice from 1 or two key limes.

Pour over Ice and shake.

Optional, float some gran mariner 

Adjust ratios to your liking.  IBA Standard  is, 50% tequila, 29% Orange Liqueur, 21% fresh lime 

Careful, these are powerful....

(Edited to adjust ratios)

Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options

Here's my favorite Margarita...served either on the rocks or on the stem:
    1. 1oz 100% agava silver tequila (I use Herradura)

2. 1/2 oz Grand Marnier

3. 1/2 - 1oz Agave nectar (i don't like mine real sweet so I use 1/2 oz)

4. 2 oz FRESHLY SQEEZED lime juice.

Top ingredients is the key to a great margarita!! I do not like mixes in my margaritas.....

+1 except I use 1 oz of Don Julio anejo.  It has a slightly more smokey taste.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• davejames0426
    Options

1 - can frozen limeaide

1 - can tequila (use can from limeaide)

2 - cans of 7-UP

1 - Corona beer

Mix all together - can freeze also..... Add more 7-Up if too strong but often use only one for a strong one.

LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • Eggbertsdad
    Options

1 - can frozen limeaide

2 - cans of 7-UP

1 - Corona beer

Mix all together - can freeze also..... Add more 7-Up if too strong but often use only one for a strong one.

I sometimes do the same thing except I use club soda instead of 7-Up. Very refreshing. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • lowlightbw
    Options
    Herradura is great tequila. mmmm. these recipes are great.

• scottyintx
    Options

Try these...I made em for a party we had a few weeks back and they were a big hit:

They are called Caribbean Margaritas

3 oz pineapple juice

1.5 oz coconut rum

1 oz Silver Tequila

about 1/2 oz granadine

Skake and pour over ice. No Salted Rim with this one though. They are very good with a bit of a twist from classic rita's.

• Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    Options

Thats a lot of great recipes I think I'll try them all. Didn't know there was so many Parotheads on this forum. And what songs or album do you listen to while your doing Margaritas & Egging ?

Jimmy who ? 

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Music...

Well, we tend to do a few theme parties every summer so the music will normally follow the them.
    We are headed to Cabo this October for Sammy Hagars birthday bash, so we will be firing up not only the grill but some old school Sammy, some Van Halen, a Waboritas and maybe even some Chickenfoot to get us in the mood!

As far as Parothead music and margaritas... "why don't we get drunk and screw".... sorry, I just had to.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • mikeb9550
    Options
    I will have to find the proportions but I make a simPle syrup by boiling 1/2 water 1/2 sugar. Let it cool. Then fresh squeeze like and lemon juice which together is a homemade sweet and sour. Suaza gold , triple sec, and the mix above. Best classic margarita.
  • PhazeZero
    PhazeZero Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This is my go to Margarita. Simple and awesome. 2 parts/ozs Blue Agave Tequila. 1 part Fresh squeezed lime juice. 1/2 part Agave Nectar + 1/2 part water mixed together first. Shake all with ice and serve. Unbeatable. Courtesy of Tommy's in San Francisco...the place I learned there was far more to Tequila than 'Cuervo Gold' ! LoL NewEnglandEgger
  • LizzieSamps
    Options

1 - can frozen limeaide

2 - cans of 7-UP

1 - Corona beer

I sometimes do the same thing except I use club soda instead of 7-Up. Very refreshing. 

I do the same but use 4 beers instead of 1
  • Eggbertsdad
    Options

1 - can frozen limeaide

2 - cans of 7-UP

1 - Corona beer

I do the same but use 4 beers instead of 1

^:)^
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • 2SCdoodlegg
    Options
    These all look great!  Thanks for sharing.  I plan to try them all.
    :-bd
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!