Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Setters for Small BGE

Options
Zip
Zip Posts: 372
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
smallplatesetters.jpg
<p />I know there was a post about plates setters for small eggs. They are available from Axner Pottery Supply in Oviedo, Florida. They are 10.5" diameter and 2" tall, however they do have a small hole in the middle. I don't know if the hole can be filled with the cement for firebox repairs, so others may need to comment on that. The link below will take you to the page, but it is close to the bottom. [p]Zip
[ul][li]Small Plate Setters[/ul]

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Zip,
    Neat site - I see they have a 15" setter too. Wonder if anyone has tried the setter in the small Egg (hey Cornfed) yet?[p]Tim

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Not yet. I've been tinkering with the idea for a while, though. These look like they might do the trick...[p]Cornfed
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Cornfed, just fill that center with some of your Hercules fireplace cement or Rutlands and heat cure it in place. Should seal it o.k. Then use a regular pizza stone on top if you can find a small version.
    I would do it when new tho...It will stick better.
    C~W[p]

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Zip,
    OOOOOHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH!
    I do not know how you found that but THANK YOU![p]The center hole may actually be a blessing in disguise. I would leave the hole and make use an elevated broken tile to add air circulation to the small.[p]Calling soon,
    RhumAndJerk[p]