Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mayday with butt temp

Options
JimE
JimE Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, here it is, been smoking all night and today, 21# temp is at 180 internal but the party is going to be in about 1 hour, am I ok???? can i serve??
thanks

Comments

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    jim,
    Bump up the temp a bit and keep cooking. By the time you are ready to eat, it will probably be just right for pulling. Have fun.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    jim,[p]That is celled the plateau. I can last well over an hour. The meat temp may even drop a degree or two. The plateau is the time when the connective tissue breaks down (making the pork VERY tender).[p]Just hang in there, all is well![p]Smokey
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Smokey,
    "That is celled the plateau. I can last well over an hour. The meat temp may even drop a degree or two. The plateau is the time when the connective tissue breaks down (making the pork VERY tender)."[p]Smokey, Smokey, Smokey!!!! "I can last well over an hour?" Come on, don't make the rest of us feel so inadequate! ROTFLMAO or LOL for short.... :-)[p]TNW[p]

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Hell,
    I want some of whatever he is taking, dem der brothel gals are going to be charging me more. Damn. LOL[p]Cheers,
    Bordello
    aka New Bob

• Smokey
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]LOL, I guess I need to proof read a bit better!! (I can swear I hit the letter "t")!! [p]I'm much more modest than that (but with the "TNW" thong I wone in Waldorf, you never know)!!!![p]Have a safe and happy 4th![p]Smokey
  • Smokey
    Options
    Bordello,[p]Must be something in the smoke! [p]Truth is, in old age, finger don't seem to work as well as they used to (but it does make for a fun read)![p]Smokey
  • Unknown
    Options
    Smokey,
    It's post like your's (typo's that we all make sooner or later) that make for a great laugh, and we can all use laughter in our life. SOooooooooooooo,
    Thank you,[p]Cheers,
    Bordello
    (checking my Kitty bank) LOL

• Groundfish
    Groundfish Posts: 71
    Options
    jim,
    you really need an internal of 195 for awesome pulled pork. i go to 200. you didn't say what your temp was but you can push it up to 275 - 300 to finish it off a little quicker.