Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tasso and andoulle recipe help

krobertsmsn
krobertsmsn Posts: 655
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I bought these and besides a pot of beans, what can I do with them? Would appreciate shared recipes...
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• well- I love Andoulle but I alwasy do it with red beans and rice. It's great on the grill. Tasso, I don't have much experience with. I'm interested.........
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309

Roasted Asparagus with Tasso

Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 4 ounces tasso or other smoked ham, finely diced
    • 2 tablespoons minced shallots
    • 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
    • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    • Parmesan shavings

Directions

Preheat the BGE to 450 degrees F.

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the tasso and cook, stirring constantly, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the shallots and cook until just softened, about 1 minute. Add the asparagus and toss to coat. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a roasting pan or baking dish.

Roast asparagus until crisp tender, turning occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with Parmesan shavings. Serve warm.

Got this from Emerile (one of his producers recipes...no wonder it's simple)

OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • Logger-that sounds interesting...i'll give it a shot! Thanks..

CT-Please share your version of RB&R on BGE. I've not ventured there yet...meaning pot of whatever on BGE BUT I know fall is around the bend and sounds like I need to look at those types of egging styles as well!
    Rome, GA
  • Logger have you made that recipe? What did you think?
    Rome, GA
  • Logger-that sounds interesting...i'll give it a shot! Thanks..

CT-Please share your version of RB&R on BGE. I've not ventured there yet...meaning pot of whatever on BGE BUT I know fall is around the bend and sounds like I need to look at those types of egging styles as well!

Mine is nothing special. We use some kit you can get at the store. I'm sure someone has has a homemade version on here that's better
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    I've not cooked it on the egg ... yet but, probably will this fall.
    But yes, it is good.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs