Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smelly meat? Don't listen to the Momo...

Options
13»

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Blah blah blah piss moan complain cry whine. All without adding anything of value to the group.

If half my posts were complaining about everyone, I'm sure I'd get the same reception you get.

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    And yeah. I do think i'm smarter than you, if you are wondering. Prove me wrong. Help someone
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Did you guys get a look at the pigeons on a power line pic in the wildlife photography thread? Amazing work there.
  • stike
    Options
    I aaw the dude with the spiders. Hahaha

I
    Forget who, but someone gave the guy a little grief and i said 'well, it IS in the ot forum'. So i get the reply 'yeah, well every post of his is a spider or bug or something'

And then i checked
    Hahaha

Yep.
    Dude has his own little arachnidae slash bug forum momopoly going.

And no i'm just finding out we have a pigeon forum

Always the last to know
    Also, effk a2z and his whining
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    Did you guys get a look at the pigeons on a power line pic in the wildlife photography thread? Amazing work there.
    Truly inspiring.
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    edited August 2012
    Options

Some things will never change here I can see.  You want people to come out and put posts up, however if they do not conform to the response put up by some members on here then they are hammered on by the cronies.

It would not matter what is right only that the sheep fall in line and don't dare to think for themselves.

Kind of a sad state of affairs for a public forum that there cannot be a few who dare to disagree.

I thought the purpose of this forum was information about cooking on the big green egg, boy was I wrong there.

I am pretty sure I will never be one of the sheep and damn glad of it.

I don't know who the masked marvel was or is and do not give a damn. I do not think his presentation was good in his post, but it seems all about who he is and not what he was saying.

I have heard a lots of bitching about the old forum and the few here are making this one real similar.

I am sure I will be accused of whining or some other BS. Nobody in this thread will want to hear this.  A little too close to the truth for most of them. 

Dude, I have been on here since March and from day one, have felt welcomed and have never felt like I couldn't ask a question. There are many respectful debates that occur on here all the time and lots of discussions on the merits of different ways of doing things. As others have pointed out, you came in almost from the beginning expecting a negative reaction and you got it. Maybe that was your intent all along. Who knows? MM obviously had an agenda also. If you're going to be a d-bag,you're going to get treated as such. Got something constructive to add? We'd love to hear it.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Brownie
    Options
    It was I who busted on his momopoly (spell  check hates this word) and I have no shame.
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    edited August 2012
    Options
    this board cracks me up... especially considering its mostly a bunch of old farts causing all the drama  LOL
  • stike
    Options
    What i love (and loathe) is that no one gets that this is a frigging farce. Why is everyone so invested in their grill and forum cred

Just messin with you a2z

Quit trying so hard to fit in and just fit in. Guys getting all tough and flexing muscles over chips or chunks

Hahahahahaha
    "Hey, i'm mr. Counter culture. I go against the grain. No one appreciates my renegade grill approach! You're all sheep!"
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Some things will never change here I can see.  You want people to come out and put posts up, however if they do not conform to the response put up by some members on here then they are hammered on by the cronies.

It would not matter what is right only that the sheep fall in line and don't dare to think for themselves.

Kind of a sad state of affairs for a public forum that there cannot be a few who dare to disagree.

I thought the purpose of this forum was information about cooking on the big green egg, boy was I wrong there.

I am pretty sure I will never be one of the sheep and @#!*% glad of it.

I don't know who the masked marvel was or is and do not give a @#!*% . I do not think his presentation was good in his post, but it seems all about who he is and not what he was saying.

I have heard a lots of @#!*% about the old forum and the few here are making this one real similar.

I am sure I will be accused of whining or some other BS. Nobody in this thread will want to hear this.  A little too close to the truth for most of them. 

You aren't even disagreeing. You are just bitching. have a point a view man. If you want to engage, the engage. if someone does not agree with you, back it up. 

I find it hilarious that you posted this right when you started:

I do not mind being the public whipping post on the forum.  What i do mind is no one seems to understand why I made the comment.  I posted a question at 6:30 am and basically the same question was asked several hours later with a dozen replies.

I think "public whipping post" is a bit grandiose for somebody who has added exactly ZERO original thought, commentary, or insight to the forum. It's obvious by that comment you are looking to get your panties in a wad because nobody even knew (or knows) who you are.

Let's do this I'll start a new thread asking all newbies how they have been received in this forum and  we'll see the facts......

Sour grapes dude. 

Public Whipping post my ass.....weak

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • A2Z
    A2Z Posts: 99
    Options

Have we heard from all the sheep yet? Boy, talk about a bunch of whiners and bitchers, must have found a tender spot.

Attaway boys, show your true colors. When you are all done, reread my post and see how true it is. 

• Brownie
    Options
    This is by far the worst hijacked thread ever.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Everyone is wrong and A2Z is right. We are all just ganging up on him because we are evil.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Anyone missing their tube of KY ? think the squirrel on the wire grabbed it 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • jay75
    jay75 Posts: 153
    Options
    Aww man! I look to this forum to get away from this type of stuff... Come on peeps let's all get back to havin some good old fashioned fun BGE style huh?
  • stike
    Options
    A2z, your posts are empty bitching about how we're all sheep.
    Remind me how that makes us sheep.
  • Outcast
    Outcast Posts: 112
    Options
    If a sheep has a sulfurous smell, should I cook it or throw it out ?
  • Brownie
    Options
    Good night eggers, I'm gonna go count some sheep. Brownie out.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Momo is what Clark Gable called the killer Japanese destroyer in the submarine war file "Run Silent, Run Deep".
    Flint, Michigan
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Aww man! I look to this forum to get away from this type of stuff... Come on peeps let's all get back to havin some good old fashioned fun BGE style huh?

fair enough. I never head how you like that Pappy you bought???
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    Options
    Everyone is wrong and A2Z is right. We are all just ganging up on him because we are evil.

So much drama in the LBC.
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • chuff
    chuff Posts: 255
    Options

So much drama in the LBC.

It's kind of hard bein' Snoop D-O double g
    XL BGE
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    opinions are like well we all know .but thats just what they are opinions as adults we make our own conclusion out of them and we decide in the end what to do . i see nothing wrong in stikes opinions they are clear and concise like many others here his and many others advice or opinions are valuable but in the end its what we choose to do with it .But to openly attack and insult in the header of a thread on this forum .is in poor taste in my opinion perhaps jealousy is the cause who knows . stike,lou Griffin and cen-tex and the many others that give advice and opinions thank you and please continue to do so 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    bigphil said:

opinions are like well we all know .

. stike,lou Griffin and cen-tex and the many others that give advice and opinions thank you and please continue to do so 

+1

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    Options
    Quick! Somebody toss me my horn sharpeners...

>:)
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    I'm pretty new to this forum. I've probably contributed very, very little. But I've started multiple threads asking questions, and some were the questions that get asked all the time, but people like Stike, Cen-tex, hillbilly high tech, and others who I'm forgetting have always answered and never once berated me. I'm a member of two MMA websites, a jeep wrangler site, and a few tech/cellphone sites. This site is by far the friendliest and most welcoming. In case you're wondering the wrangler site is the worst. Couple real Internet tough guys there and one is a moderator. I have recommended this site to couple of my friends who grill bc the knowledge on here can be applied in multiple grilling situations. I know at least one of them post on here and it is his first forum and he has had 0 complaints about his questions being answered or how he has been treated. In general in life I think if everyone says its you, or you think you're the only right one and everyone else is wrong, then the problem is usually you.
    Boom