Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another Friday night Butt

doubledouble Posts: 1,214
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Doing another 18lb butt tonight planning to get it on around 9pm ready for the 2yr olds bday party tomorrow. I found out today that the Costco butcher likes to keep the bone in pork shoulders in the back as they sell them by the case to restaurants.... So if you don't see one out just ask. Anyone else doing an overnighter tonight?
Lynnwood WA

Comments

• robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,817
    I would love to but afraid to.  Dont trust keeping the temps stable enough plus getting over having a fire burning all night long with no one watching.  I need to get over this one day.

Garnerville, NY
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,091
    Yes, I am diubg an overnighter with pork butt. 8lb boneless. First cook with my Auber pitt controller.
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,056
    Doing three 9 lb-ers tonight.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• mm8552mm8552 Posts: 12
    I am doing my first over night butt tonight.  It will be the first time I have used my Maverick.  I hope I can figure it out!
  • I'm not doing an over-nighter but I just put a turbo butt on about an hour ago. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Oh I want to see if my Costco has any bone in! Congrats on entering the 2, they don't have to be terrible, just usually are! ;)
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,387
    doing 3 small butts tonight 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Also received my replacement firebox from My dealer so interested to see if that has any difference on temps... I was paranoid about my first overnight so I ended up sleeping on the couch closest to it...
    Lynnwood WA
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,712
    Just got back from the butcher.  I ordered a whole pork shoulder yesterday.  I will make sausages with the picnic half and pulled pork with the butt (it will be my first).  I am debating between cooking it tonight or tomorrow.  The butt weighs more than 11lbs (my scale gives me an error) bone-in.  Advices are welcome!!!

Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
    Paqman chuck it on and get cooking!
    Lynnwood WA
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,712
    Paqman chuck it on and get cooking!
    @double

Mine turned terrible at 3. We are still trying to convince her that she's not smarter than us.
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
    Thanks the 4yr Old is more terrible hehe
    Lynnwood WA
    Nice paqman
    Lynnwood WA
  • Outlaw77Outlaw77 Posts: 71
    Good job paqman! I've got 3 butts on the egg and 1 in the bed :( .......dang copilot ( or bourbon) :D
  • OMG EggsOMG Eggs Posts: 118
    edited August 2012
    8lb'er for me... Going on around 1!
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos uh oh.....
    Lynnwood WA
    So here is a theory I seem to have my vents open a lot more tonight grate is sat at 212. I am thinking that my cracked fire box last week was allowing a lot more airflow meaning I had my vents more closed... Coffee tequila ramblings maybe...
    Lynnwood WA
  • kennykkennyk Posts: 6
    Did my first overnight with 2 butts and used my pitmaster iq110 for the first time. It did an amazing job. Temp was stable at 8pm at 250 and was still there 9hrs later.