Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wildlife photography

Rum_Runner
Rum_Runner Posts: 18
edited August 2012 in Off Topic
I am so glad to see the forum branch out and welcome artistic photography and vacation pictures.

I am a freelance wildlife photographer, and I like to present my artwork to rank amateurs before submitting them to magazines like National Geographic and Nature Magazine.

I am including three of my latest works.  Please be aware that these are copyrighted and any attempt to duplicate them will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

My first shot I call Life Cycle.  It shows a dead object supporting live animals.  The mere symbolism makes me cry every time I look at it.

The second shot I call Dinosaurs Amongst Us.  The artisans among you will be impressed with the framing of the leaves for the subject.

The last shot was very difficult.  I call it Fleeting Glance.   I camoflagued myself and waited motionless for a couple of hours to get this shot.  These babies are smart.

I will be posting quite often, but remember, these are copyrighted and I am strict about enforcement. !!!

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    copyrighted, strict, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Wow you sure are unpleasant. This is an Egg forum, not a photographers hoping to sue someone forum. I'm sure nat geo has a place for guys like you. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942

I am a freelance wildlife photographer, and I like to present my artwork to rank amateurs before submitting them to magazines like National Geographic and Nature Magazine.

I am including three of my latest works.  Please be aware that these are copyrighted and any attempt to duplicate them will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I will be posting quite often, but remember, these are copyrighted and I am strict about enforcement. !!!

You are kidding?  Right?  Aren't you?

Gerhard
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    I'm guessing/hoping you're right gerhard. I don't want to say anything rude in case it's for real. National geographic... =))
  • Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    edited August 2012
    Yippeee been waiting to get these exact pictures to send to my local Audobon chapter.....My SHIP has finally arrived :).
  • Wow, this squirrel shot is absolutely amazing. Dont' think I've ever seen one on a powerline before. That's got National Geographic written all over it.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited August 2012
    #-o trying to figure out why I kept my mouth shut, I knew no one else would!

XLBGE 
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    edited August 2012
    This is why I left the other forum
    I don't care for this. Horses flowers and grandkids next?
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• travisstrick
    This is why I left the other forum I don't care for this. Horses flowers and grandkids next?
    Preach the truth. 
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    #1 - Spatchcocked, 350 direct.  Keep a close eye on them - they're small and will finish quickly.
    #2 - Dizzy Dust and throw him in with a batch of wings.
    #3 - Stuff with apples and wrap in bacon.  Indirect at 325.  
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    I understand his stance, the wildlife photo world is cutthroat and pictures are pirated all the time. At least he is not one of those photohacks that goes to the trained animal farrms out West and represents the pictures as "wild" as many name photographers have done  .If you look closely, many of the "wild" mountain lion pix have the same pink nose markings.  And the bears are similar beyond what I would call coincidence.  The guys that actually photograph in the true wild work very hard for their pictures.  He could have toned it down a little, but these photos do not appear to have huge watermarks across them which ruins the pleasure of viewing them as they can best be seen. 
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • #1 - Spatchcocked, 350 direct.  Keep a close eye on them - they're small and will finish quickly.
    #2 - Dizzy Dust and throw him in with a batch of wings.
    #3 - Stuff with apples and wrap in bacon.  Indirect at 325.  
    Priceless...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    my camera phone takes better pictures by itself
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    This has to be a joke . . .
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • rib run has got to laughing his arse off right now. Well played RR It's satire! (and not even that discrete) Funny though
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    Next time you want a wildlife photo, please leave out the man made objects or use photoshop!!! =)) =)) =))

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    A Wild EGG, i can picture that!!! :-B
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • travisstrick
    I think I may have just been trolled.  :ar!
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    edited August 2012

:)) :)) :)) :((

I'm going to use your photo's as bad examples. Try to sue me.

• Rubmyrock
    Rubmyrock Posts: 266
    Don't quit your day job. Glad to see someone making use of their 2009 Nokia camera phone.

No way this dirtbag is what he purports to be.
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    rib run has got to laughing his arse off right now. Well played RR It's satire! (and not even that discrete) Funny though
    Has to be.  
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • Fleeting Glance......awesome.  Thanks for the laugh.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• I think Dinosaurs Amongst us might be my favorite but I also cry a little when I see "life cycle". Very powerful work Rum Runner. Don't let the haters keep you down
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @ Cen-Tex-watch out-you are getting caught up in that natural beach environment and becoming over(under?)whelmed with true emotion.  Time go light something on fire to get even closer to those natural roots!  Have a great day!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited August 2012
    I call this one "Bushbuck napping on a river bank".  It took hours of ninja like stalking to position myself for this quick photo opportunity. 

:D:D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • lousubcap said:

@ Cen-Tex-watch out-you are getting caught up in that natural beach environment and becoming over(under?)whelmed with true emotion.  Time go light something on fire to get even closer to those natural roots!  Have a great day!

We are not quite there yet. Taking off in a fee hours. Pig party is all day tomorrow. Should be fairly sketchy toward the end- of I play may cards right anyway B-)
  • Yeah, Im pretty sure Rum Runners post was tongue in cheek.  My guess is he was taking these pictures while tending to the egg, had a few drinks of Rum and thought he would share his artistry with us.  You should see what I have done and shared after a few, then the next day... its and Awwww S**t!  moment.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    I don't know much about photography, but you sure can't bet the humor it's Hilarious. Besides you need to take a brake from looking at all the butts Go Rum Runner.