Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing rack?

Comments

• CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Well give it some thought and make sure you either really want it or really need it. I think there's a difference there??? Lol.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Franco....swing rack arrived . Looks great. Unfortunately, won't get to try it for a few weeks. Thanks!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • CGW1
    Awesome news!!!  Keep us posted on that maiden voyage. 
  • Franco - I live in Colorado and FedEx just delivered my swing rack. I think I'm going to break it in tomorrow evening with two pizzas at once - I can hardly wait. Thanks again.
  • CGW1
    I'll book my flight now...what time should I be there for?? 
    :))

If your doing high heat right out of the gate, spray it well with some spray oil, be sure to include the post and collar when spraying.....post pics
  • Thanks for the tip, will do. Not sure if any pictures will turn out, that is with pizza, beer, a cigar, and my new swing rack - but I'll give it a try.
  • CGW1
    Save me an Opus X, Blue Moon and Slice!!!!
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Got mine today.  Of course it is 108 outside and my wife really would not be happy if I put it together on the living room floor.  No basements here in AZ.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • CGW1
    Assembly should take mere seconds.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    @CGW1 just got a new XL.  Are the swing racks for XL available now, or are they part of the back log.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Franco do you charge at time of order or delivery?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CGW1
    @ Duganboy - If I do have the XL's at all I may have 1 possibly 2, I'll check when I'm at the shop tomorrow.

@ thetrim - It goes through our online ordering, so it's charged when you order.  I know it stinks having to pay for something up front then waiting several weeks before it arrives.  If you'd like you can call me, I'll take all your info including credit card and charge you when I'm restocked.  To be honest with you, I would rather not do it that way, and keep your CC info should something happen.
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    edited August 2012
    Let's see some new pics!
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Franco,
    FYI.  I sent a message thru your website.  Thank you
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CGW1
    Just replied to you.
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Got mine today.  Of course it is 108 outside and my wife really would not be happy if I put it together on the living room floor.  No basements here in AZ.
    OK - so in reality I did not feel like setting my beer(s) down long enough to get a knife to open the package.  Put it together today and it is proudly sitting on my grill waiting to be used!
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • CGW1
    All these racks that have been arriving at their destinations......no pics??? What's up with that???
  • Duganboy
    @ Duganboy - If I do have the XL's at all I may have 1 possibly 2, I'll check when I'm at the shop tomorrow.

@ thetrim - It goes through our online ordering, so it's charged when you order.  I know it stinks having to pay for something up front then waiting several weeks before it arrives.  If you'd like you can call me, I'll take all your info including credit card and charge you when I'm restocked.  To be honest with you, I would rather not do it that way, and keep your CC info should something happen.
    Franco did you get a chance to check on the XL Swingrack?
  • CGW1
    @ Duganboy...sadly I never made to the shop, I promise to get you an answer tomorrow, again I'm 95% certain I have one.
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349

Made first cook on my new rack last night.  After a little trouble assembling, I cooked fifty wings on the first cook and 34 pig shots on the second.

This thing is AMAZING.  Sooooo much space!

Thanks Franco!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    That's more like it. Keep the pictures of the rack's coming!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Looking good!
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    My order just arrived yesterday at about 5:30.

I'm busy planning my menu for tonight.

Sirloin steak 1.5 inches for two and???????????????

Any suggestions?

Dan

• CGW1
    and you haven't used it yet???
    :-?

Grilled veggies
  • Duganboy
    edited August 2012

@CGW1 did you ever find out about XL Swingrack supply.  Inquiring minds want to know.

@CGW1 did you ever check on the XL swingrack.  Inquiring minds want to know.

• Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    In the "for what it's worth" department.  Did a couple ribeyes tonight.  Used only the bottom grate.  Ran her up to 520 and plopped them on.  Maybe six minutes or so total.  Great marks and red on the inside the way we like them.  There is something special about the carbon steel grid.  Mine is now as black as our skillits in a short time.
    001e.jpg 386.8K
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • CGW1
    Nice lookin steaks!!!! Sear marks look great. @ Duganboy I sent you a PM
  • CGW1
    Awesome!!!! I'm truly amazed!!! Let's keep it goin....let's see more pics. =D>
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    My first cook with the new swing rack. Mushrooms and onions in a packet, yellow squash and peach/blueberry cobbler all cooking at the same time.  Finished with two great ribeyes--great thanks to Thermapen.  The cobbler tasted great but I cooked it too long--first time with my old cast iron.
    I wanted to do the ribeyes direct but I couldn't figure out the sequence to make it work.  But indirect at 425 worked.

Dan
    imageimageimage