Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's everyone cooking this weekend?

Rubmyrock
Rubmyrock Posts: 266
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm doing Ribeyes and a Packer Brisket I picked up for Sam's club..

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Pretty sure there is pizza on the menu.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    I'm headed camping this weekend, so the egg's staying at home (couldn't find a small or mini to buy & take along).

Picked up a cheap kettle grill to bring - not totally sure what I'm cooking though - probably some steaks - maybe a spatchcock chicken.  Probably some dogs and burgers though.
    [Insert clever signature line here]
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    If all goes well..

If not...

Jason
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    doing haddock in parchment, some stromboli and a squash casserole, and a miracle cook.  somehow someones bringing a salmon and im going to cure it, dry it, cold smoke it, chill it, and make it into appetizers and that it shouldnt take more than an hour
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Not sure yet.  Still debating on ribs, chuck roast, pork butt, chicken or take out.

Garnerville, NY
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    Just did a ribeye for my lunch.  Going to be at a BJJ tournament tonight so won't do supper, but Saturday I'll be doing ribs, since my 5 year old made me promise to make them for her lol.  Sunday Salmon planked on cedar.  Should be an easy weekend of cooking.
  • JW- that's funny right there. You'll do great. 

I'm doing something new:

I'm building a dug out brick pit on the beach in Port Aransas TX,. We are doing Cochinita Pibil which is Achiote Marinated pork butts wrapped in banana leaves and buried in a brick pit and covered with corrugated tin and sand on top of that. Looks really fun. We have like 20 people from our families that are meeting up at the beach, and somehow I ended up being camp cook :)

My nephew is graduating from UT (TX) and he wanted a pig in a pit. I showed him the Cochinita Pibil and he said "cool, but I want it form a pit". I said "OK" so here we are.

Here's the recipe I'm following:

Should be a blast

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @ Cen-Tex-now that sounds like quite the deal-You will have to stand/sleep guard all night with those adult beverages to make sure no one or critter messes with your cook.  And what about the dome to pit temp and all that other stuff :)>- Enjoy as I'm sure you will.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Rubmyrock
    Rubmyrock Posts: 266
    JWBurns said:

If all goes well..

If not...

Jason

Lol

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Spare ribs. Got the adjustable rig for Christmas but just got the 16" grate this week so I can do 2 levels now.
  • @ Cen-Tex-now that sounds like quite the deal-You will have to stand/sleep guard all night with those adult beverages to make sure no one or critter messes with your cook.  And what about the dome to pit temp and all that other stuff :)>- Enjoy as I'm sure you will.
    There will be no thermos. Use the force like our Mayan ancestors did when they buried a pig. it's done in about 6 hours so I'll get out to the beach in the am, light a huge bag of lump to heat up the bricks. Let that burn a few hours then dump in another and bury it all. Ready for dinner (that's the plan anyway)
  • I just put on a turbo butt about 30 minutes ago. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    CT you absolutely MUST take pictures for us buddy
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Cajun turkey breast.  I just injected it with a spicy marinade and rubbed with Tony Chachare's.
    Edina, MN

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Grilling a couple N.Y. Strips tonight, going away for Saturday and Sunday so we'll be eating out.

Gerhard
  • Doing a couple butts. One for the cook and one for our friends who just had a baby. Just found some bad Byron's here in Denver so pretty excited about trying that out. Mix in some ABTs at the end and all should end well.
  • CT you absolutely MUST take pictures for us buddy
    Oh I will. Win lose or draw. You will get to see Centex in his natural environment. Drunk on a beach while lighting $hit on fire, Good times.

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Doing smoked lasagna tonight and later 3 small butts are going on over night that my wife got and small being between 3 to 4 pounds each tomorrow chuck roast and hopefully another cheese cake sunday pizza and wings  
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • All this sounds fantastic! I am hoping to do a redemption of ribs sometime this weekend, also some chicken. Dealing again with leftovers so they will be Intersperced in.
  • @bigphil

Smoked lasagna is one of our favorites. I love the smoke the cheese picks up. Outstanding!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Brisket flat for first time on the Egg. Using modified Travis method. Also my first cook with the DigiQ
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited August 2012
    @cts cant wait to see this. Bayless did a pit pig in banana leaves on his short lived show once looked phenominal.

Question: where do you plug in the stoker?
    ;)

Seriously, Sounds like a blast.

for me, family coming back from Tx. I don't think they want BBQ for a while.
    Debating of i want to cook in "severe thunder storms".
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • tdbmd
    tdbmd Posts: 46
    Maybe a couple of NY strips for us. 
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    edited August 2012
    Oh I will. Win lose or draw. You will get to see Centex in his natural environment. Drunk on a beach while lighting $hit on fire, Good times.

Awesome!

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Doing a chicken and some ribs tomorrow.  Just came back from croatia and ate cevapi (small grilled meatballs) everyday for lunch with a cold beer on the beach.  Not bad.

• Out of pocket this weekend but will do some pig shots Sunday ...... In an oven..... :-B

XLBGE 
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    What can i cook with twelve pounds of prosciutto?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Oh I will. Win lose or draw. You will get to see Centex in his natural environment. Drunk on a beach while lighting $hit on fire, Good times.

Awesome!

You know better

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Never mind couldn't do it.
    Ribeye, seared on CI. Sides from a local BBQ joint.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket!