Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When life gives you zucchini, make french fries

tortaboy
tortaboy Posts: 29
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Made some ribs last night for dinner tonight. Had to counter balance with something kinda healthy.

Used one of my big zucchini's from the backyard. Eggwashed, floured, added some rub and sprayed with PAM to help crisp them up.

Turned out pretty good. How can anything smothered in rub be bad?

Comments

• Those actually look REALLY good, will have to try that!!  

(though, methinks that after you did them in egg, then floured, any health benefits are pretty much negated) - sort of like saying "I don't eat meat cuz it's unhealthy, I eat fish - let's stop @ Long John Silvers for some fish!" :))
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • tortaboy
    tortaboy Posts: 29

Well...not so bad.

Lots of Zucchini

Whole Wheat Flour

White Flour

Egg Wash

A little Rub

Pam sprayed on

What's the "Unhealthy" ingredient?

Now, considering I ate half a rack of ribs ALONG with the Zucchini....

:-\"
  • Looks great, thanks for the idea... will try soon
  • Well...not so bad.

Lots of Zucchini

Whole Wheat Flour

White Flour

Egg Wash

A little Rub

Pam sprayed on

What's the "Unhealthy" ingredient?

Now, considering I ate half a rack of ribs ALONG with the Zucchini....

:-\"

hehehe... well, not "too" bad, I guess, but white flour is HIGHLY processed & bleached, so those wanting to limit stuff like that... 

Anyway, yeah, not as bad as the fatty ribs :))
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Looks good, will have to try. 

We've often done some "oven fried" taters, sweet potatoes and yams, but they were just tossed in oil then dusted with some spice. Spice ranges from salt and pepper to the most complex of rubs. All pretty good. With zuke, I always found they got a little soft before they crisped. Will try your technique. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!