Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Left Over Pulled Pork + Sweet Baby Rays = Pizza! plenty of pics!

Options
XLBalco
XLBalco Posts: 607
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

oh heck yea... so the title says it all.  I've been buying my dough premade from the Italian Grocery store cause I don't have the time to make my own and for a $1.50 a ball, it's well worth it imo.

So, the wife wanted plain cheese and I opted for some pulled pork and Sweet Baby Ray's....  gotta say it was pretty dang good.  A local pizza joint makes a bbq pizza here with chicken.. .  tried out my new stone for the first time as well- very massive!

What's funny is after I took the following picture- I realized that wasnt nearly enough pork on there and put some more on!image

Comments

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Nice! I have a dough ball and some pulled pork in the fridge for tomorrow. What kind of cheese?

I still need to pull off a pizza I'm happy with.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • XLBalco
    Options
    i used just scamorza
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    Dude the hardest part about making a pizza is making it round.  I havent got the hang of that at all.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • XLBalco
    edited August 2012
    Options

funny thing is the first ball just kinda flattened out all by itself with little effort.... mine- not so much

and if you ask why sweet baby ray's.. i live on the south side of chicago.  if i want some kick butt pizza- i know where to call to get some delivered within an hour :)

we had pizza catered in one day from a good pizza joint and they ordered a bbq chicken pizza that had sweet baby ray's on it... thinking this went against everything i was raised on- i thought no way would i try that...  so what did i do- i ate some and loved it...  this was my own version with some pulled pork!

not sure how other sauces would taste in comparison but this one was good

• AustinL911
    Options
    Why the hate towards SBRs? I love me some SBRs.
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Thanks for the idea. Going to try that with some left over pork.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    Options
    Sweet Baby Rays is a very good readily available commercial sauce.  I use it all the time when i can't make my own.

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Sweet Baby Ray's is my go to sauce. I love it.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Rocket15
    Rocket15 Posts: 42
    Options
    Exactly what I did last week!  Sweet Baby Rays w/left over pulled pork, mozzarella cheese, and I added some onions and it was great!  To get a round pizza, try this:  Get a round pizza pan (I got mine at the grocery store), put your parchment paper on it, put the dough ball in the center, and push the dough out from the center to the edge of the pizza pan using the pan as a guide.  It will give you a round crust of consistent size. 
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    We made same a few weeks ago with Bone Suckin' Sauce, which is available at Cracker Barrell. Sweet Baby Ray's is available here at Mal Wart. Just put a pork shoulder on so in another day or two will be making another family favorite BBQ pizza!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I have done this several times with leftover pork or chicken. Washing dishes and making pizza was my first job.. and we tried everything available. I also saute mushrooms and onions in butter, olives, artichokes, corn, buffalo sauce, fresh mozzarella, etc. I dont do them all at once, but my point is dont let "traditional" pizza toppings limit you; your only true limitation is what is in your pantry. Pizza looks great!
  • XLBalco
    Options

the biggest winner in all my cooks is typically my inlaws.  they watch our twins on tuesday and wednesday all day.  when i do cooks over the weekend there are always leftovers.  so tuesday he had pulled pork sammiches and then wednesday he had pizza.

couple of weeks ago it was pig shots and abt's.  even though i am the only son in law- i like to think i out rank the 2 sister in laws as well :)

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Made mine last night with Bone Suckin Sauce, and mexican mix.
    Crust was almost perfect. 
    Waiting to try it again.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • XLBalco
    Options
    i have some bone suckin sauce... may do that next time
  • tmas
    tmas Posts: 35
    Options
    What setup are you using with the pizza stone?
    XL BGE Katy, TX (otherwise known as Far West Houston)
  • XLBalco
    Options
    plate setter legs down.  little egg feet and the stone rests on them