Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need Help

Scott805Scott805 Posts: 176
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

There was an appetizer on here a few weeks back that included pre-cooked sausage and bacon wrapped around it with a filling.  Can someone help me with the name so I can search?

Thanks!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

·

Comments

• BRush00BRush00 Posts: 348
    ABT?

Atomic Buffalo Turd?

Bacon wraped jalepeno, stuffed with _________  (insert filling here).

I simply use cream cheese - but i've seen people use all sorts, sausage included.

Sound about right?
    [Insert clever signature line here]
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,796
    Sounds almost like Sea Turtle Egg. 

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • Scott805Scott805 Posts: 176
    No, it was one that the sausage was cut about 1/4 inch, layed flat and bacon wrapped around it to form a cup.  Something was put in it.  Killing me I can't remember.  Must be a senior moment!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

·
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,019
    Pig Shots

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • Scott805Scott805 Posts: 176
    That's it!  Thanks bigguy!

Dallas, TX

·
  • +1 on pig shots

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    edited August 2012
    Oops guess I needed to refresh, oh well... see how quick you get help around here?

It's great.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • KristinnnKristinnn Posts: 133
    that looks yummy.. what could be used instead of the sausage?  i dont like sausage
    ·
  • ccpoulin1ccpoulin1 Posts: 389
    that looks yummy.. what could be used instead of the sausage?  i dont like sausage

you can use precooked chicken, hamburger, or maybe scallops....  i did my last batch with brie, brown sugar and slivered almonds.  next time i will add apples to the mix.  They were awesome

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,770
    anything with bacon wrapped around it is going to be just fine. ;)
    ·
  • ribnrunribnrun Posts: 174
    Mmmm bacon wrapped bacon.
    ·