Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Michigan Eggers!

Fred19Flintstone
Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
How many are there of us?  I was curious who your dealer is and if they are any good.  The dealer closest to me just started carrying BGE and they don't have much at all.  As you may have guessed, I'm in Flint.
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• I'm in SW Michigan. Still debating between a XL BGE or a FE1000PG. I have been to a dealer in Watervliet about 20 miles from me. Been in business selling eggs for a long time. His Price for XL BGE: $ 1148.00. As is all the dealers in the area. Don't know if it's a good deal or not.
  • VA in GA
    VA in GA Posts: 54

I'm in the thumb of Michigan by Port Sanilac.  I go to the city for family is that way,  Bourliers in Clinton Twp. is the dealer I'm using. But nothing to write home about them! 

Proud Griller of a BGE Medium, Small and Large in May 2015!
  • I'm in SW Michigan. Still debating between a XL BGE or a FE1000PG. I have been to a dealer in Watervliet about 20 miles from me. Been in business selling eggs for a long time. His Price for XL BGE: $ 1148.00. As is all the dealers in the area. Don't know if it's a good deal or not.
    I'm in the same area of MI, bought my XL from the dealer you refer to (Coloma tho not Watervliet). Dealer is knowledgeable and very friendly, not alot of accessory  stock but more than happy to order whatever you want. Doesn't budge on price, mine was $1600 for the XL, nest, plate setter, ash tool and tax, he threw in a bag of lump and firestarters. Glad I bit the bullet and purchased the XL, been a great addition.

XL BGE Nested

Several Weber's

Chargriller TRIO

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I think michigan jason is from mi.
  • Your right notbobvilla Coloma not Watervliet. I lived in Watervliet for around 8 yrs now in Decatur. Old age caught up with me again :)
  • Your right notbobvilla Coloma not Watervliet. I lived in Watervliet for around 8 yrs now in Decatur. Old age caught up with me again :)

No worries we all get a little older and more forgetful!!   Go get the XL  you won't be sorry.

XL BGE Nested

Several Weber's

Chargriller TRIO

• I suppose this is why we don't have an EggFest in Michigan.  So far the dealers I've heard about are "not anything to write home about."  I was hoping for a lead on a great dealer.  The dealer closest to me has nothing.  I ordered a cast iron grate and a gasket kit from him I think 3 weeks ago and still don't have them!  I understand BGE may be backed up and slow to fill parts orders, but to not stock a gasket kit?  LAME!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Maybe I was a little tough on their "stock".  When I bought my EGG they had 3 XL's ,several large and a couple mediums. I bought from stock: plate setter,ash tool, cast iron grate. They have a complete inventory of covers, extra grates, electric starters, thermometers and even a DigiQ .  I just always expect more!  It would be great to have an EggFest in MI.

XL BGE Nested

Several Weber's

Chargriller TRIO

• Would be nice to have a Eggfest in Michigan. When I was @ the Coloma dealer they had 1 XL and maybe a couple lgs and mediums. They had challenger tables for the BGEs.
  • A week or so ago I went to Caledonia near GR to pick up a DigiQ they stock.  I wanted to see what they had since the dealer near me has just a single Egg and no accessories stocked.  This place had 1 isle in their small showroom with BGE stuff.  It's not worth the drive from Flint, but my teenager got some good driving experience that day.

I hear my Mom in the back of my head "That's why we can't have nice things!" like an EggFest and stuff. 

Flint, Michigan
  • Would be nice to have a Eggfest in Michigan. When I was @ the Coloma dealer they had 1 XL and maybe a couple lgs and mediums. They had challenger tables for the BGEs.
    That's about what they had on display when I was buying mine, I asked if that was their entire inventory and he took me in the back room....EGG boxes everywhere.

XL BGE Nested

Several Weber's

Chargriller TRIO

• Good to know thanks. How long have you had your Egg? I just have the side smoker Chargriller right now.
  • "herman's boy (http://www.hermansboy.com/) in rockford (michigan obviously) is worth your drive from flint.  always fully stocked with parts and accessories.  they have a great grilling dept.  i was just there tonight on my way home (i've been accessorizing an antique kamado with bge parts -will post pics soon).  i've had couple of cracked fire boxes and a cracked bottom on my large and they have been more than accommodating with every issue.  also fully stocked with lazzari lump mesquite and hardwood charcoal.  check them out if your in west michigan.
  • About 6 weeks now. I also have the Chargriller, mine is the Trio (gasser,grill and side fire box) along with 2 Webers and a Masterbult electric smoker.  EGG is easily the most versatile of any of them. The Chargriller is fun to do an overnite cook on because it takes constant feeding and fiddling, did 2 butts and beans overnite a few weeks ago on the EGG and it was rock solid once it hit 250. No muss, no fuss. 13 hours later just pull and eat. Oh yeah, got to sleep for the first time with an overnite cook!

XL BGE Nested

Several Weber's

Chargriller TRIO

• Thanks for the lead on Herman's Boy.  I wish it were closer.  I think the teenager needs more road experience so we'll check it out!  How do you like the lazzari lump?  I've never used it so I'm curious.
    Flint, Michigan
  • VA in GA
    "herman's boy (http://www.hermansboy.com/) in rockford (michigan obviously) is worth your drive from flint.  always fully stocked with parts and accessories.  they have a great grilling dept.  i was just there tonight on my way home (i've been accessorizing an antique kamado with bge parts -will post pics soon).  i've had couple of cracked fire boxes and a cracked bottom on my large and they have been more than accommodating with every issue.  also fully stocked with lazzari lump mesquite and hardwood charcoal.  check them out if your in west michigan.

Hey, I went there for a grillin class, they have them for 3 months in the summer and this month on the third Thursday of the month I believe is there last class, $25 and they grilled and feed everyone.  I was a great night, you can take your alcohol beverage to drink too!  Great place for BGE accessorizing.. 

• Thanks for the lead on Herman's Boy.  I wish it were closer.  I think the teenager needs more road experience so we'll check it out!  How do you like the lazzari lump?  I've never used it so I'm curious.
    very happy with the lazzari lump.  i mix about half mesquite half hardwood for most cooks and straight mesquite if i want a fast hot fire.
  • VA in GA

I'm in the thumb of Michigan by Port Sanilac.  I go to the city for family is that way,  Bourliers in Clinton Twp. is the dealer I'm using. But nothing to write home about them! 

I should have also said that the Bourliers in Clinton Twp. has lots of accessorizing and the full line of BGE's on display, really great that way. Have deals to offer on BGE but won't lower their prices.   If you buy an egg there, they do give you a card to return and get 10% off of eggcessories for 12 months from when the date of purchase of an egg.    The Bourliers in Macomb doesn't have much to talk about, not worth the trip there.  The Bourliers in Ferndale, I've not been too..   

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990

i am from southeast michigan (detroit suburb) but i travel to Grand rapids and bought mine from Zagars pool and spa. good price and the owners have eggs.

they have three stores and I would buy another egg from them. I got fair price. better than the stores in the hills area that wanted 200 more.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• So to re-cap the decent dealers mentioned so far in this thread is Herman's Boy in Rockford (north of GR), Cherry Valley Stove & Saw in Caledonia (south of GR), Zagar's Pool & Spa in or near GR, an unnamed store in Coloma (near Benton Harbor) and Bourliers in Clinton Twp (near Mt. Clemens).

I hope more Eggheads respond!

Flint, Michigan
  • VA in GA

So to re-cap the decent dealers mentioned so far in this thread is Herman's Boy in Rockford (north of GR), Cherry Valley Stove & Saw in Caledonia (south of GR), Zagar's Pool & Spa in or near GR, an unnamed store in Coloma (near Benton Harbor) and Bourliers in Clinton Twp (near Mt. Clemens).

Bourliers is at 35850 Utica Rd. - 15 mile Rd and Utica Rd. - Clinton Twp, MI.  586-792-6300

• Four Seasons Spa & Pool Services 160 North Paw Paw Street Coloma, MI. 49038
  • preneau
    preneau Posts: 7
    Boskerbrick in Battle Creek. Had all accessories and were very knowledgable. We're sold out of plate setter but got me one right away. They carry a good inventory but seem to sell alot also.
  • Got mine from the fireplace BBQ shop in canton mi ( se Michigan). It's close to me and the guys are super nice. Spent an hour just talking BBQ. They cook their meals in front of the store in an egg. They do have some trouble getting some accessories from the area distributer but that's not their fault.
  • My Dad is in a home for alzheimers patients in Canton!  I searched the web and discovered it's called Heat & Sweep.  I guess I know where I'll stop on my next visit to see Dad.  Thanks Mike!
    Flint, Michigan
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501

Here in Bay City, dealer is McCoy Heating. Although I bought my Lg at Elite pool and Spa in Freeland last fall. They were doing inventory reduction and got about 30% off. Another plumbing place is in Midland. All these places have little as far as eggcessories.

Did make it down to JJ's Backyard in Indy back in May.They have a good assortment.

Yes it would be nice to see a fest nearer home.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Shelby Township, my dealer is bourlier and sons on 23 mile east of romeo plank. They have always done right by me and give me good deals when I return for other things. I got my lawn lower from there as well, cost $5200 out the door, the closest price I got to that was $6k out the door from a competitior, and I did plenty of research.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• So to re-cap the decent dealers mentioned so far in this thread is Herman's Boy in Rockford (north of GR), Cherry Valley Stove & Saw in Caledonia (south of GR), Zagar's Pool & Spa in or near GR, an unnamed store in Coloma (near Benton Harbor) and Bourliers in Clinton Twp (near Mt. Clemens).

Both Bourliers are great, I got my large form the one on Utica Rd, and the XL from the one on 23 mile rd. I live at 23mile and van dyke.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• I see that they have a showroom on Woodward in Ferndale and they are opening a new showroom on Woodward in Royal Oak.  But I think I'll check out the one near you next time I go to my sister's.  She's in Rochester.  I love the internet!
    Flint, Michigan
  • I pick my xl up at Ann Abor Home and Garden. They treated me right and include a certificate for a butt or brisket.
    I
    My electric startet went out about 2 months later and they replaced it without any problems.