Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reason for Dimples on the Egg Theory may have been solved

2»

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain (who is "liked" by media giants!). 

"The truth is out there." 

Personally I'm leaning toward the illuminati putting it on there to subconsciously implant a message of submission! ^:)^

Some crazy illuminat videos on YouTube.
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    yeah. rags, brushes, etc..

i probably am a little too specific saying 'hands'.  rags, sponges, something.

thanks for clarifying that.
    you can see from old egg to old egg that it is not the same pattern. each one is individual.

but each large BGE now has the same pattern.  it's cast in.

. I like the dimples a lot more than the smooth look
    Boom
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    those blue ones are pretty cool.
    :)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • The Government wanted to include West Virginia in the Agreement, but West Virginians like the taste and refused.

Heyyyyyyy now, as someone originally from Wild Wonderful West "By God" Virginia, I take offense to that!!  X(

We don't eat aliens unless they're mixed w/ a lil road-kill, so get that straight!!  [-X
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Here's a photo of a mushikamado, just to make things interesting, lol: image
    The Naked Whiz
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    each large BGE now has the same pattern.  it's cast in.

I have 3 larges and they're all slightly different :)
  • stike
    i'm guessing they are all different ages.  mine is softer.  the new ones are exaggerrated
  • stike
    check out whiz's pic.  they did not use the slip and you can clearly see the surface imperfections.

it's patently clear. not a made up rationale.

• BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Forget about the dimples - I wanna know why I have a little "R" underneath and to the right of the BGE logo on my dome (just above the handle).

Will try to get a pick tonight if I can...
    [Insert clever signature line here]
  • chuff
    chuff Posts: 255
    Would it make more sense if it looked like this ®?
    XL BGE
  • BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Yes - Yes it would Chuff

Now everyone pretend that I didn't ask/write that....
    [Insert clever signature line here]