Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Like Father...Like Son

Grumpa
Grumpa Posts: 861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
steak.jpg
<p />Did a couple of filets on my new Small egg. Like his Father, he performs like a champ and produces nothing short of excellent food with little or effort.[p]These steaks were melt in your mouth tender and asfull of flavor as we have ever had.[p]Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day.[p]Bob

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Bob,
    You scoundrel, you never told me you got a small. No excuses for that as TAX season is over. Next time I am in Hotlanta it will be dinner not lunch.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Bob, steak looks EGGsellant and the salad isn't bad, but I sure hope that Dr. Chicken sees the sweet potato - he's such a fan![p]

• Grumpa
    JJ,[p]Come to Atlanta and I'll buy lunch and dinner :~)[p]I thought you saw my post last Thursday.....it was my Birthday present.

• Grumpa
    Gfw,[p]We should take a collection and UPS him a 100lb sack of them :~)

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Bob,
    We were on our way to Louisville this past Thursday and just now getting back on the forum. Happy Birhtday a few days late. Hell at my age late is better than nothing. hehe

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Bob, I would share the cost..anything to get Dr.C, converted. Try em peeled sometime with several pads of butter and brown sugar..I use the dark..Wrap em in foil and when you unwrap em after a hour at 300F or so, they should be super tender. I like to dip the syrup from the bottom of the foil and spread over the top..Heat some marshmellow creme and spoon a dab on top and enjoy..ooooooh..Even a chicken would love it.
    C~W[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Bob,[p]As a new small Egg owner myself, I have noticed a couple things about it as compared to tubby. The small does mostly grilling at my house so you will not see me doing racks of ribs or PP on it. You will notice a few things about Jr - it does not need to hit the same 700 deg temp that the big brother needs to sear a steak well. Since the fire is so much closer to the grid, the temps don't need to be as high. I use 500-550 to sear on the small. You will notice a little longer to get up to temp too. I added an expanded metal grate and now lite all fires under the grate and it is up to temp in 12-15 min. A bag of lump is lasting 3x longer too. Enjoy the little guy![p]Tim
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Tim M,
    Ditto on the searing temp. I did a couple of burgers on my small last night at 525 +/- and I couldn't tell the difference from those on tubby at 650.
    JimW