Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Medium Craigslist Score!

lowlightbwlowlightbw Posts: 52
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
imageimageJust scored a medium egg on craigslist for $325! Going to have to replace a few nuts that have rust and I need a acquire a spring that is missing but otherwise it's in decent shape! Came with BGE electric starter, side tables, and nest. Gasket is fried but no cracks in firebox/ring or egg. Two very small enamel chips just below the handle. Any ideas on fixes? Is the mothership's website the best place to order replacement parts? I mainly want to use this as a camping/traveling rig. Anyone in the savannah area wanna trade me their small? Opinions on medium vs. small to go camping/traveling? I will say this was relatively easy to get in and out of the car compared to the large. Thanks ahead. I am pumped!
·

Comments

• FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    Dang that is a deal. If I would have found I woulda bought. I'm not far from savanahh and go there every other month at least.
    Boom
    ·
  • KristinnnKristinnn Posts: 133
    there is a small in greenville for 250.  wish i was closer i would talk the hubby into it
    ·
    I may look at that. I check Columbia Craigslist about once a week for deals on Yeti coolers and BGE Two companies who I am a big fan of their products.
    Boom
    ·
  • chuffchuff Posts: 255
    I am chartreuse with envy. If you're going to replace a couple of nuts and bolts might as well just order a complete hardware kit and do it all while you're in there.
    XL BGE
    ·
  • Craigslist Nashville has something listed as a Big Green Egg but is NOT. For the price, it looks worth taking a shot at though!
    ·
  • MemphisBBQMemphisBBQ Posts: 92
    edited August 2012

·
    ·
  • MemphisBBQMemphisBBQ Posts: 92
    edited August 2012
    After looking at the picture more, is this a painted XL?? for $290?
    ·
    Based on handle locatio and no vent in front I would say it is not an BGE but may need to look at I realize to make sure not modified in some weird way
    Boom
    ·
    Has a vent below that band on the "nest". 
    ·
    Ah, could not see that in other picture Still does not seal it bei g an Egg tho. Almost every kamado cooker has one in that area
    Boom
    ·
  • I agree. Interesting though.
    ·
  • chuffchuff Posts: 255
    BGE or not, if it isn't cracked it's worth the money. I'd offer $250 and get it home as quick as I could.
    XL BGE
    ·
  • A little bit of researching pictures, this MIGHT be an Imperial Komado. Apparently earthenware. 
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Road trip?
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • Just called the guy. It sold a while back. Dang

·
  • I know a place that sells large big green eggs for $639. I got me one!
    ·
  • Where is he
    ·
  • STANGOJESTANGOJE Posts: 44
    I have a place a hour west of Philadelphia that sells the large for $599 plus 6% tax.
    ·
  • Thanks for the kind words! Again if anyone has a small they would like to trade me +a bit of cash I would be interested! Excited to get this rig cleaned and fired up!
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Where outside of philly?
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    And nnj ones too.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • Anyone know the thread size for the hardware offhand??
    ·
  • What a blast from the past. That is a BGE they sold here in Atlanta at a place called "The Pachinko House" before it became the BGE World HQ. I bought one just like it in 1990. It was terra cotta and no where near as capable as the porcelain units. When I traded it in a decade ago, the guy said "wow, we should send this to the Smithsonian." =D>
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    ·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited August 2012
    Anyone know the thread size for the hardware offhand??
    From my BGE assembly instructions for the spring-assisted band:
    (2) ¼” x ½” clinch studs
    (8) ¼” x 5/8” clinch studs
    (8) ¼” Keps nuts
    (2) 5/16” x 2” carriage bolts (grade 5)
    (2) ¼” Acorn nuts
    (2) 5/16” flat washers
    (2) 5/16” hex nuts
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
  • Thanks Shed!
    ·
  • STANGOJESTANGOJE Posts: 44
    This guy sells large egg for 599.00. Eddinger's Hardware & L P Gas Inc 1619 Route 100 Bally, PA 19503 (610) 845-2091
    ·
  • Thanks, I give him a look
    ·