Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

BBQ Tunes!

13»

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,541
    Texas Country and Outlaw Country got great with bbq. None of that new stuff from Nashville.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,039
    Just added the Kingston Trio to my Pandora list.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Black Keys and Dinosaur Jr.  Especially the latter.   Try the album "Beyond".  And yes I know I am dating myself by saying album.
  • Texas Country and Outlaw Country got great with bbq. None of that new stuff from Nashville.
    amen
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • Texas Country and Outlaw Country got great with bbq. None of that new stuff from Nashville.
    amen
    You guys that like TX Country should check out 95.9 The Ranch. They broadcast out of Fort Worth and the signal seems to go out west. You can't get it in Dallas. If you have an iPhone or iPad check out their app:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-ranch/id376491866?mt=8
    I use it more then Pandora or anything else.
    XL & Medium BGE Keller, TX
    amen
    You guys that like TX Country should check out 95.9 The Ranch. They broadcast out of Fort Worth and the signal seems to go out west. You can't get it in Dallas. If you have an iPhone or iPad check out their app:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-ranch/id376491866?mt=8
    I use it more then Pandora or anything else.
    sweet. Thanks
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,308
    edited August 2012
    Ran across 'The Sauce Boss', Bill Wharton on XM radio blues station the other day. He's going to be stopping by the Bamboo Room near here in a few days. He makes gumbo during his show while playing some decent slide blues guitar. I was thinking about checking out his show, maybe I could sit and play 'Egg' as part of 'the band'! 
  • Scott805Scott805 Posts: 202
    My musical tates are to far reaching to list, but my wife and I have sailed on several "Music Cruises" in the past.  Check out www.cayamo.com to see the variety.  More singer songwriter than anything.  You can't argue that these aren't some of the finest artists around.

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

• No. I'll check him out though. I loved all the folksingers from the late sixties and seventies. Steve Goodman was one of the best
    He's great.Start with Near Truths and Hotel Rooms. It's a live album and its really good. Some hilarious stories on there too
    Todd Snider is great.  He is a great song writer.  I had not thought about hime like John Prine before but that is a good comparison.  I think he writes songs as vividly as one of my favorite song writers - Tom T. Hall.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

Tod Snider cracks me up. I like The Devil's Backbone (along with the story of course)

Rowlett, Texas

• AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Brisket went on at 7:30am....and work is done for the day(maybe clean up garage a bit later)

Jimmy Bruno(guitar jazz) radio on Pandora, glass of Knob Creek, and reading the forum on back deck while the smell of BBQ wafts up through the deck.
  • GunstockGunstock Posts: 13
    I was just talking about needing to get some outdoor speakers! P
    Sonos

+1 Sonos - Control from almost any device and have music in multiple areas at different volumes.  I love Sonos.
  • WickedIslandWickedIsland Posts: 148
    edited August 2012
    I am currently addicted to Petty's live anthology. Other cooking favs around here: Gerry Band, Chris Robinson, Burning Spear, Shawn Colvin, Steely Dan
  • Tod Snider cracks me up. I like The Devil's Backbone (along with the story of course)

F**k Luckenbach, drink with us........so we did. Great story
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
  • Waylon. Jerry Jeff. Jamey Johnson. James McMurtry. Outlaw country on xm. Good stuff.
  • SwfordSwford Posts: 3
    JJ Grey and Mofro, Eric Lindell, Galactic, Phish, String Cheese. I have a Sonos Player outside during long cooks that can play your library or Pandora by IPhone or iPad. Great sound. I would put it over a Bose any day.
  • JJ Grey and Mofro, Eric Lindell, Galactic, Phish, String Cheese. I have a Sonos Player outside during long cooks that can play your library or Pandora by IPhone or iPad. Great sound. I would put it over a Bose any day.

I have both. The Bose Soundock blows the sonos away on sound quality alone. The Sonos blows the bose away in versatility
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
  • Not something i listen to everyday, But for some reason when prepping food....Love me some Jim Croce.
  • FockerFocker Posts: 4,394

Zac Brown Band

Tool

Metallica (pre Load albums)

SRV

Hendrix

Pantera

Charlie Daniels

Hank Jr

Kid Rock

SOAD (cracks me up when I see my 5 year old singing "Aerials")

Korn

Clapton

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• misumisu Posts: 213
    80's here too, I have one of those portable jambox things love to crank it up with some Duran Duran for the neighbors :)
  • gtk10583gtk10583 Posts: 77
    Pandora Mix:
      For some jam rock:  The String Cheese Incident, Phish, M.O.E.
      For classic rock: Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Santana
      For Blues: Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears, Stevie Ray Vaughn
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 19,988
    i listen to the smoke when im cooking.  i save the music for when im driving, top down, and loud enough that the guy in the car next to me cant talk on the phone
    :D
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 604

I typically grab my  IPAD and Sony docking station that has bluetooth and bring it outside.

sync it together and then stream Sirius on there:)  channel 24 for those that have Sirius/XM.  nothing better on a warm sunny day than chillin to this station.

Umbrella is up and my girls are playing at their little water table.

Or I have some DMB, O.A.R. jamming.

• jleon401jleon401 Posts: 33
    edited August 2012
    I typically use my DeWalt jobsite radio and plug my cell in and jam to some LowRider Oldies on Pandora!!!
    LBGE, Smoke Hollow 4-in-1, Charbroil Big Easy, and Weber Smokey Joe.
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,988
    Check out drive-by truckers if you like southern rock. Newish band called Alabama Shakes also pretty good. If like blues/rock check out Black Keys.
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,988
    For country I'm a huge David Allan Coe fan. Hank jr is close 2nd. Recently started listening to Dwight Yoakam
    Boom
  • jrf316jrf316 Posts: 55
    Grand Funk Railroad for me
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club

Tod Snider cracks me up. I like The Devil's Backbone (along with the story of course)

F**k Luckenbach, drink with us........so we did. Great story

Best line ever.

Anybody listening to Hank III?

Rowlett, Texas