Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Tunes!

Options
13»

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Texas Country and Outlaw Country got great with bbq. None of that new stuff from Nashville.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    Just added the Kingston Trio to my Pandora list.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• gtcharlie
    Options
    Black Keys and Dinosaur Jr.  Especially the latter.   Try the album "Beyond".  And yes I know I am dating myself by saying album.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Texas Country and Outlaw Country got great with bbq. None of that new stuff from Nashville.
    amen
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Smokin_Good
    Options
    amen
    You guys that like TX Country should check out 95.9 The Ranch. They broadcast out of Fort Worth and the signal seems to go out west. You can't get it in Dallas. If you have an iPhone or iPad check out their app:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-ranch/id376491866?mt=8
    I use it more then Pandora or anything else.
    XL BGE, Medium BGE, 36" Blackstone, UDS, Red Weber Kettle & LSG Large IVS
    Keller, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    amen
    You guys that like TX Country should check out 95.9 The Ranch. They broadcast out of Fort Worth and the signal seems to go out west. You can't get it in Dallas. If you have an iPhone or iPad check out their app:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-ranch/id376491866?mt=8
    I use it more then Pandora or anything else.
    sweet. Thanks
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ran across 'The Sauce Boss', Bill Wharton on XM radio blues station the other day. He's going to be stopping by the Bamboo Room near here in a few days. He makes gumbo during his show while playing some decent slide blues guitar. I was thinking about checking out his show, maybe I could sit and play 'Egg' as part of 'the band'! 
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    My musical tates are to far reaching to list, but my wife and I have sailed on several "Music Cruises" in the past.  Check out www.cayamo.com to see the variety.  More singer songwriter than anything.  You can't argue that these aren't some of the finest artists around.

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    No. I'll check him out though. I loved all the folksingers from the late sixties and seventies. Steve Goodman was one of the best
    He's great.Start with Near Truths and Hotel Rooms. It's a live album and its really good. Some hilarious stories on there too
    Todd Snider is great.  He is a great song writer.  I had not thought about hime like John Prine before but that is a good comparison.  I think he writes songs as vividly as one of my favorite song writers - Tom T. Hall.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Griffin
    Options
    Tod Snider cracks me up. I like The Devil's Backbone (along with the story of course)

Rowlett, Texas

• AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Options
    Brisket went on at 7:30am....and work is done for the day(maybe clean up garage a bit later)

Jimmy Bruno(guitar jazz) radio on Pandora, glass of Knob Creek, and reading the forum on back deck while the smell of BBQ wafts up through the deck.
  • Gunstock
    Gunstock Posts: 16
    Options
    I was just talking about needing to get some outdoor speakers! P
    Sonos

+1 Sonos - Control from almost any device and have music in multiple areas at different volumes.  I love Sonos.
  • WickedIsland
    WickedIsland Posts: 153
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I am currently addicted to Petty's live anthology. Other cooking favs around here: Gerry Band, Chris Robinson, Burning Spear, Shawn Colvin, Steely Dan
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Tod Snider cracks me up. I like The Devil's Backbone (along with the story of course)

F**k Luckenbach, drink with us........so we did. Great story
  • Supercilious_In_5280
    Options
    Waylon. Jerry Jeff. Jamey Johnson. James McMurtry. Outlaw country on xm. Good stuff.
  • Swford
    Swford Posts: 3
    Options
    JJ Grey and Mofro, Eric Lindell, Galactic, Phish, String Cheese. I have a Sonos Player outside during long cooks that can play your library or Pandora by IPhone or iPad. Great sound. I would put it over a Bose any day.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    JJ Grey and Mofro, Eric Lindell, Galactic, Phish, String Cheese. I have a Sonos Player outside during long cooks that can play your library or Pandora by IPhone or iPad. Great sound. I would put it over a Bose any day.

I have both. The Bose Soundock blows the sonos away on sound quality alone. The Sonos blows the bose away in versatility
  • MOvikingsfan
    Options
    Not something i listen to everyday, But for some reason when prepping food....Love me some Jim Croce.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

Zac Brown Band

Tool

Metallica (pre Load albums)

SRV

Hendrix

Pantera

Charlie Daniels

Hank Jr

Kid Rock

SOAD (cracks me up when I see my 5 year old singing "Aerials")

Korn

Clapton

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• misu
    misu Posts: 213
    Options
    80's here too, I have one of those portable jambox things love to crank it up with some Duran Duran for the neighbors :)
  • gtk10583
    gtk10583 Posts: 77
    Options
    Pandora Mix:
      For some jam rock:  The String Cheese Incident, Phish, M.O.E.
      For classic rock: Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Santana
      For Blues: Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears, Stevie Ray Vaughn
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    i listen to the smoke when im cooking.  i save the music for when im driving, top down, and loud enough that the guy in the car next to me cant talk on the phone
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options

I typically grab my  IPAD and Sony docking station that has bluetooth and bring it outside.

sync it together and then stream Sirius on there:)  channel 24 for those that have Sirius/XM.  nothing better on a warm sunny day than chillin to this station.

Umbrella is up and my girls are playing at their little water table.

Or I have some DMB, O.A.R. jamming.

• jleon401
    jleon401 Posts: 33
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I typically use my DeWalt jobsite radio and plug my cell in and jam to some LowRider Oldies on Pandora!!!
    LBGE, Smoke Hollow 4-in-1, Charbroil Big Easy, and Weber Smokey Joe.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Check out drive-by truckers if you like southern rock. Newish band called Alabama Shakes also pretty good. If like blues/rock check out Black Keys.
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    For country I'm a huge David Allan Coe fan. Hank jr is close 2nd. Recently started listening to Dwight Yoakam
    Boom
  • jrf316
    jrf316 Posts: 55
    Options
    Grand Funk Railroad for me
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club

• Griffin
    Options

F**k Luckenbach, drink with us........so we did. Great story

Best line ever.

Anybody listening to Hank III?

Rowlett, Texas