Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is $325 a good price on a mini?

Options
Rubmyrock
Rubmyrock Posts: 266
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I want to expand my egg family for tailgate season

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That's solid they sell from $320 - $375 here in Tampa-Orlando area
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    go for $408.00 here stand is extra 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Rubmyrock
    Options
    Thanks! I going to buy it tomorrow. Then add another Large in Oct
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    Hey Rub. Not sure where you found it but the dealer over in Gastonia has been really good to work with. Carol Ann Furniture, they might beat $325.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Rubmyrock
    Options
    Never knew they sold eggs! I bought some lump and eggceasories from Reliable Appliance in Gastonia but did not know of them. There is a new dealer I town though and he has set up shop at the south fork river bridge between Belmont and Cramerton at the bottom of the hill just before burger king.... He has a nice variety of rubs, lump and wood chunks too
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    I'll give that new guy a new guy a shot too, wasn't aware of an egg shop that close to Belmont.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Belmont, NC

• Rubmyrock
    Options
    I wasn't either until I rode by today and saw a BGE banner and several eggs on the side of the rode. I slammed on brakes and turned around. The two guys there said they cook on theirs every night much like I try to do.
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    Well it sounds like we need to setup a South Fork eggfest.

Belmont, NC

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Check to make sure what version of the mini you get for $325. The new version has the solid wood handle and a heavy, two-sided hinge. I opted to spend $400 for the new version vs. $345 for the old. Everything seemed just so much more solid. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Options
    I was looking into a Mini, or Small this weekend.  My local shop quoted me $399 (canadian) for a Mini - Small was $599 I think - not 100% sure.
    [Insert clever signature line here]
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    $391 here in seattle, cooking on It 3-4 nights a week since I got it. I can't imagine the amount of lump used on the larger ones, still on my first bge lump bag after 2 months but its just about done.
    Seattle, WA
  • Flamethrower
    Options
    Found a small for $300.00 today in the box on Craigs list,Would buy but cant really justify as my wife tells me
    LET'S EAT
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    Someone around here has a brand new mini for $275 obo. Trying to decide if it's worth it for tailgating. Would like one with the warranty. Also not sure if I wouldn't prefer a small...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Worth the 400$+ I paid, fwiw. Fun cooking toy that is my family's primary.
    Seattle, WA
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Options
    They want $350 for a mini by me, but $539 for a small without nest! 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Options

Found a small for $300.00 today in the box on Craigs list,Would buy but cant really justify as my wife tells me

I'd be all over that!
  • HMB_Egg
    HMB_Egg Posts: 18
    Options
    Pick up the one flamethrower was talking about, brand new small in the box with the stand, $300. Nice!
    :D