Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday night wings and egg plant

Options
brewcityegger
brewcityegger Posts: 94
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Grilled 24 wings tonight and tried 4 different homemade sauces/glazes. A wing sauce consisting of 1 part Myron Mixon's sweet and tangy sauce, 1 part frank's red hot, and 1 part melted butter. An Asian inspired sauce with soy sauce, lime juice, honey, and chilli garlic hot sauce, then topped with sesame seeds. A homemade garlic Parmesan sauce. And a homemade jerk glaze. Also made some baked eggplant with a homemade balsamic onion marmalade. All of them turned out well.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Asian inspired

Parmesan Garlic

Regular sauce (Myron Mixon's)

Baked eggplant with balsamic onion marmalade

Comments

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Wow! Looks fantastic. Details on the cook? 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • brewcityegger
    Options
    Wings were cooked indirectly at about 300-325 for about 1:30 hours. Covered with EVOO and head country rub. The egg plant was cooked indirectly for about 25 minutes.
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    What is the receipe for the garlic parmesan, if you don't mind me asking?

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• brewcityegger
    Options
    Sure, really didn't have a recipe, I used 2 tbs melted butter, a handful of grated Parmesan, a dash of EVOO, some chopped fresh parsley, and a about 2 cloves minced garlic. In the future I would saute the garlic in the butter a little first. It could have used a slightly stronger garlic flavor. It was still good though.
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Looks real tasty, bet there weren't any leftovers, those Parmesan ones are the ones I'd be fighting over. ;)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • JerkChicken
    Options
    Looks awesome. I've been wanting to do some parmesan wings recently. That's my kind of cook right there
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • brewcityegger
    Options
    There was some left over eggplant which was awesome with pasta. I loved the smokiness with the pasta and res sauce. I have 48 more wings going on today for a cook out at our house. Should be a great day.