Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

first timer here...

micheggin
micheggin Posts: 39
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
been creepin' around this site for quite a while.... i guess it's time to start participating.  been eggin for about 9 yrs so i've got a few pics to share in the future.  love this site!

still tryin' to figure out how to get pics loaded properly and how the site works.

Comments

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

Welcome and good looking eats!

Do you cook the bacon any before wrapping the asparagus?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Welcome. Glad to have you out of the shadows. 9 years is a lot of experience so I'm sure you'll be able to provide some great insight to many of our new eggers on here.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Welcome aboard!  With your eggsperience we will all learn from your extended journey with the BGE.  You must have gasket replacement down to an art or are you running commando??? 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Welcome and good looking eats!

Do you cook the bacon any before wrapping the asparagus?

i never have but i've heard of people doing that.  i just let it flame up for a bit then put it off to the side and vent it down to finish.
  • Welcome aboard!  With your eggsperience we will all learn from your extended journey with the BGE.  You must have gasket replacement down to an art or are you running commando??? 
    i think i've been through about 4 gasket change outs.  this last one has been the best by far.  it's the nomex gasket and i used an extra application of spray adhesive (super 77 by 3m in a spray can)