Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seafood Market Advice

Options
Jonathan1970
Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm vacationing in Santa Rosa Beach, just outside Destin, FL. Normally we go to Gulf Shores and I buy fresh seafood at Billy's. I'm not sure where to go around here, so I'm calling on my fellow egg heads for advice?

Comments

• GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    Options
    We were at Rosemary Beach a few weeks ago which is right down the 30a from you.  I don't remember seeing one.  I know that one of the restaurants in Seaside said that they get everything from Gulf Shores.

I did a quick google search and found this.  Hope this helps.

Shrimpers Seafood Market. 4444 Hwy 98 West Santa Rosa BeachFL 32459 ph: (850) 267-1159 fax: (850) 622-1320 lesliewisen@shirmpersseafood.com ...
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I'm from Santa rosa county. I was born in gulf breeze. I worked in a seafood market during college in Tallahassee.

I highly recommend going to Pensacola and visiting joe pattis seafood market. It's the best in the state. Check out their website.

For restaurants, Mcguriers in destin is a must and the grand marlin on Pensacola beach.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    There is no more seafood. It's all farm raised now and available at Costco! Not quite, but close!
  • Jonathan1970
    Options
    Joe Pattis is great, but a little far for beer drinker's over 40. I love going there when I'm staying in Perdio Key or Orange Beach. I'm on the East side of Destin this time and can't make that trip. If your ever in Bon Secours / Gulf Shores go to Billy's for your fresh seafood. Trust me its fresh off the boat. I did manage to find a nice place right down the road called Goatfeathers. The shrimp appeared fresh and peeled good after cooking. The family loved the shrimp, corn, potatos, and Beergarita's. Great night at the beach!
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    Options
    Im from there as well. Try Sextons in Destin. It's solid.
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL