Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mozzarella sticks

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Froze some string cheese, dipped in flour, then whipped egg white, then bread crumbs (half plain, half panko, seasoned with oregano, basil, parm - could have used a little salt)  Placed on cookie sheet with non stick foil.  On the egg indirect at 400 for about 9 minutes. Sprinkled with parm and then a little pizza sauce for dipping.  Family loved them.  

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Tj your killing me something else i gotta try . Thanks for sharing 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    Make sure you whip the egg white pretty good (gets rid of all the slime).  Also, I turned half way through the cook.
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Options
    I needed something to do on the BGE when the wife cooks on the stove.  You have so solved my problem!
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    @Tjcoley did 36 of these today excellent very tasty family and kids and their friends loved them . although i kinda got involved in something and left them on a few minutes to long so not really picture worthy but still were a huge hit . Thanks for the recipe 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    Glad they turned out for you.  Always a hit here.