Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Chicken wings and skewered veggies....help please

gooddogjudgegooddogjudge Posts: 91
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I need chicken wings and veggies ready at the same time. How do I succeed?

Comments

• newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    Buy another egg and use one for each? Or, just put the veggie skewers on for the last 10+ minutes. What temp are you cooking the wings?
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown.

Birmingham, AL
  • Buy another egg and use one for each? Or, just put the veggie skewers on for the last 10+ minutes. What temp are you cooking the wings?
    That's what I'm asking....temp, time, direct, indirect, raised grid?
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,376
    What kind of veggies? How do you want to cook them? If you wok them it will only take a few seconds to cook.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • What temp are you using?  Are you planning on direct or indirect?  Too many things to consider to give you a direct answer.  My last batch of wings, I did around 430 F, indirect for about 20 min/side for a total of 40 minutes.  You could always add your veggies sometime during the 2nd side?
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,913
    edited August 2012
    I find veggies reheat amazingly well, and I do a lot of veggies.  Cook them first, maybe even hours earlier, and then reheat.

If you have room you can do them in a sealed container, which retains moisture (pic attached), while you do meat on the same grid.  This also let me add some yummy cheese and tomatoes.

My personal solution; and XL and a LBGE (last pic, veggies on the XL).
    Veggies 3.jpg
    2816 x 2112 - 1M
    Finish.jpg
    2816 x 2112 - 2M
    3 Veggies ready to pull.jpg
    2816 x 2112 - 1M
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,034
    I do wings raised grid around 350*F+/- on the dome and flip around every 15-20 mins til about 45-50 mins in then sauce and back on the BGE for around 10 mins.  Now for your veggies-depends on what they are and how you plan to cook them-I usually toss them in one of those aerated (many holes) grilling pans on a second grid til done (eye ball/taste test).  Should you skewer them you could run them along with the wings-experiment and enjoy the journey.
    Louisville