Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Chicken wings and skewered veggies....help please

gooddogjudgegooddogjudge Posts: 91
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I need chicken wings and veggies ready at the same time. How do I succeed?

Comments

• newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    Buy another egg and use one for each? Or, just put the veggie skewers on for the last 10+ minutes. What temp are you cooking the wings?
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown.

Birmingham, AL
  • Buy another egg and use one for each? Or, just put the veggie skewers on for the last 10+ minutes. What temp are you cooking the wings?
    That's what I'm asking....temp, time, direct, indirect, raised grid?
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,291
    What kind of veggies? How do you want to cook them? If you wok them it will only take a few seconds to cook.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • What temp are you using?  Are you planning on direct or indirect?  Too many things to consider to give you a direct answer.  My last batch of wings, I did around 430 F, indirect for about 20 min/side for a total of 40 minutes.  You could always add your veggies sometime during the 2nd side?
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,850
    edited August 2012
    I find veggies reheat amazingly well, and I do a lot of veggies.  Cook them first, maybe even hours earlier, and then reheat.

If you have room you can do them in a sealed container, which retains moisture (pic attached), while you do meat on the same grid.  This also let me add some yummy cheese and tomatoes.

My personal solution; and XL and a LBGE (last pic, veggies on the XL).
    Veggies 3.jpg
    2816 x 2112 - 1M
    Finish.jpg
    2816 x 2112 - 2M
    3 Veggies ready to pull.jpg
    2816 x 2112 - 1M
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 4,847
    I do wings raised grid around 350*F+/- on the dome and flip around every 15-20 mins til about 45-50 mins in then sauce and back on the BGE for around 10 mins.  Now for your veggies-depends on what they are and how you plan to cook them-I usually toss them in one of those aerated (many holes) grilling pans on a second grid til done (eye ball/taste test).  Should you skewer them you could run them along with the wings-experiment and enjoy the journey.
    Louisville