Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp Burgers for lunch

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Shrimp Burgers for lunch with along with Travis's grouper

imageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    My wife would love those. Where did you find that recipe, Mickey?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    Yummy! I have a recipe for these that I made about a month ago. They were awesome....if Mickey doesn't post his, I will post mine in a bit. They look the same.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I bet those were unreal good.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Howdy_Doody
    Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
    edited July 2012
    You are a true artist, Mickey.  

Travis, I bought a Ruger LCP 380 today for my back pocket.  My 9mm was too bulky for carrying around.
    Dripping Springs, Texas
  • These look awesome!  I would love to have a recipe for these.
  • travisstrick
    You are a true artist, Mickey.  

Travis, I bought a Ruger LCP 380 today for my back pocket.  My 9mm was too bulky for carrying around.
    I went and shot on thursday. I forgot my guns and ammo in my truck and drove on Ft Hood. I made it through the gate but if they had searched me, I would have had some serious explaining to do. 2 tactical rifles, 2 revolvers, 3 semi autos 1 w/ CTC red laser and Benelli pump with an 8 round mag. Plus several hundred rounds of ammo. 

I carry a Kel-Tec PF9 9mm.
  • Mickey
    SSN686 on the old forum recipe   Ingredients:   1 pound raw shrimp (cleaned, shelled & deveined) 1 egg 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley or cilantro 1/2 cup Panko Crumbs Kosher salt Freshly ground Black Pepper Wasabi Mayonnaise (recipe follows)   Preparation: In a food processor, process half the shrimp with the egg.  Coarsely chop the remaining shrimp and put it into a bowl.  Add the processed shrimp & parsley/cilantro, panko crumbs, salt & pepper to taste (I usually use about 2 tablespoons of DP Shakin' the Tree rub instead of S&P).  Form the mixture into patties (we have found that a 1.5 inch square cookie cutter works real well for this. Put the cookie cutter on freezer or waxed paper and fill with the shrimp mixture, then gently pull off the cookie cutter).  After the burgers are formed, put them in the refrigerator for at least one hour to help firm them up.   Egg Setup & Cooking: Stabilize Egg at 350 with a raised grid.  Place the burgers on a perforated pan such as a pizza pan with holes or disposable fine mesh screen.  Place pan on raised grid and grill until cooked through, turning once, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.  Remove the burgers to a "bun" that has been spread with the Wasabi Mayo(Hawaiian rolls are what we have used most often as their sweetness contrasts nicely with Wasabi Mayo.  These can be split to serve as open face or as a "normal" burger).  Add more Wasabi Mayo on top of the shrimp burgers.  Leave as whole or cut in half or quarters depending on how many you are trying to serve.  We typically do 3 pounds of shrimp at a time which should yield about 24 burgers 1.5" square.   Wasabi Mayonnaise: 1 cup Mayonnaise 1/4 cup prepared Wasabi (available in the Asian section of the supermarket) 1 tsp. freshly grated Ginger 2 Tbls. Soy Sauce 1 tsp. sugar pinch salt   Mix all the ingredients together.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Howdy_Doody
    Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
    edited July 2012
    I went and shot on thursday. I forgot my guns and ammo in my truck and drove on Ft Hood. I made it through the gate but if they had searched me, I would have had some serious explaining to do. 2 tactical rifles, 2 revolvers, 3 semi autos 1 w/ CTC red laser and Benelli pump with an 8 round mag. Plus several hundred rounds of ammo. 

I carry a Kel-Tec PF9 9mm.  (My 9mm is a Glock 19).  Yeah, I know....
    Ft. Hood ..... bringing unauthorized weapons and ammo onto base ..... nice !
    Dripping Springs, Texas
  • Squatchey
    Squatchey Posts: 5
    Man that looks good! Thanks for posting the recipe, this will definitely be added to the collection I have started.
  • Jonathan1970
    Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
    Definitely adding to my cook list. Thanks for sharing.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I know what just got added to the menu tonight. Thanks for reminding me those have been on my to-do list. Mrs. G is gonna be sorry she's stuck outta town in Vegas. Well, probably not, but I'm sure she'll want me to make them for her when she gets back.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    I did them as sliders.  Loved them!  After forming it was an hour in the freezer to firm up.  Then stacked on wax paper in a container to freeze.  Put them on the grill rock-solid-frozen.  No fall-apart issues at all.  Cooked up just fine at 450 dome on the stock grill.  This one is a keeper!
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • travisstrick
    This thread should be re titled shrimp show off.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    I notice the piZza sheet, saw a 10 inch at a supply store wondering when u decide to use it.
    Seattle, WA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Wow, we want to use the meatball rack to do some alternate things, like turkey, fish, and shrimp.  I will try this recipe.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Baysidebob
    This thread should be re titled shrimp show off.
    All day long the radio tells me who got murdered last night.  Enough of that!  If it's good, it's good and this one certainly is.  I'm gonna fill my freezer with shrimp,salmon, briskit, and Italian pork shoulder sliders to be standing by.  I'm now thinking of grinding up a turkey.  The fridge is the wife's.  I now have this huge cooler for beverages.  Come over, fill up, get blotto and enjoy.
  • scaryangel
    scaryangel Posts: 135
    Wow! Thanks for this recipe. When we go to St Mary's, Georgia we go to a restaurant called The Marina. They serve shrimp burger and i have tried to talk them out of the recipe for years and they won't give it to me. Thanks for this recipe. It looks deelish!
  • Baysidebob
    Wow! Thanks for this recipe. When we go to St Mary's, Georgia we go to a restaurant called The Marina. They serve shrimp burger and i have tried to talk them out of the recipe for years and they won't give it to me. Thanks for this recipe. It looks deelish!
    It works and works well.  The burgers are gushy when you form them.  Freeze them and put them on rock-solid.  Stock grill and direct works fine.
  • Mickey
    The hour in the fridge also works fine before grilling shrimp burgers. The pic below is the grouper Travis brought us Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos