Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Tunes!

Comments

• gatorBGE
    gatorBGE Posts: 81
    edited August 2012
    Fairly eclectic music tastes, but I lean most to 70's, 80's rock, older country (pre 90's), folk, alternative, will even do old school rap (80's) If you want to get your nasty funk on check out Here Come the Mummies, funk laced with double entendra a la juke joint style blues....solid horn line
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Eric Clapton Unplugged or Dave Matthews. Stone Temple Pilots and Pearl Jam run a close second.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited August 2012
    80s for me. Some new ones aint bad as well. Like the pulse on xm.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    No stale oldies here. Lots of Trout, as in Walter, as you can see. One of the all time greats and still kickin' major butts at 60 with his recent CD Blues for the Modern Daze. And surprisingly, Adele live at Royal Albert Hall! She's a HOOT!, and sings better than anybody. The live CD is perfect. 
  • This thread has so far resulted in a 3 hour late night journey via Pandora. Alot of fun listening to stuff I've never heard before, or have not listened to in a long time!
  • gatorBGE
    gatorBGE Posts: 81
    This thread has so far resulted in a 3 hour late night journey via Pandora. Alot of fun listening to stuff I've never heard before, or have not listened to in a long time!

Kept me entertained during part of my overnight, well at least until I gave up at 3 and went to bed, lol
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
  • My listening tastes are all over the board. I typically put on Margaritaville Radio, but lately I've been listening to Springsteen's Born to Run album. I also love to listen to play by play baseball while egging. I'm with Cen Tex on Texas singer songwriters, I've spent a total of 36 hours in Texas but listen to Hayes, Ray Wylie, James McMurtry, Billy Joe, & Jerry Jeff(even though he's really not from Texas) all the time.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    No stale oldies here. Lots of Trout, as in Walter, as you can see. One of the all time greats and still kickin' major butts at 60 with his recent CD Blues for the Modern Daze.
    Love Trout....saw him quite a few times. He puts on a great live show. Haven't picked up the latest cd yet....will have to do that soon.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Jupiter coyote, Taj Mahal, blue dogs, Van Morrison, left over salmon, etc
    Greensboro, NC
  • In no specific order.

Merle Haggard Readio

Hank and Hank JR

Kenny Chesney Radio

Montgomery Gentry Radio

Keith Urban Radio

Smooth Jazz Radio

Mathew Cook Radio

Zac Brown Band

Motown Radio

Bob Marley Radio

Johnny Cash Radio

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• My listening tastes are all over the board. I typically put on Margaritaville Radio, but lately I've been listening to Springsteen's Born to Run album. I also love to listen to play by play baseball while egging. I'm with Cen Tex on Texas singer songwriters, I've spent a total of 36 hours in Texas but listen to Hayes, Ray Wylie, James McMurtry, Billy Joe, & Jerry Jeff(even though he's really not from Texas) all the time.

make sure you have these guys in the rotation: Robert Earl Keen Roger Creager Jack Ingram Pat Green Cory Morrow Randy Rogers Kevin Fowler and of course, the Godfather, Wille
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • My Staples are:

The Milwaukee Brewers on play by play (love Bob Uecker)
    Zac Brown Band radio
    Mumford and Sons radio
    Michael Buble radio
    Bill Withers/Ray Charles radio
    And Pitbull radio

With a nice Whiskey Old Fashion Sweet or glass of home brew.
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    We have several Caribbean CDs that we play when cooking or in the pool.

Dan
  • Pandora: Zeppelin, judas priest, Mississippi Fred McDowell
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Crosby Stills and Nash, Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce, Trisha Yearwood.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Sandstorm
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - George Thoroughgood
    My Mississippi Home - The Subdudes
    Cheap Sunglasses - ZZ Top

Stuff like that, for me. Blues-y Rock

Tim
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    AleBrewer - Walter's latest is right up there with his best! 
  • Whoa- just googled Walter Trout. I'm not a big blues guy, but that dude can sling it. Might have to add him to the list
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Tower of Power
    Little Feat
    Charlie Daniels
    Dire Straits
    Poco
    Neville Bros.
    The Wild Tchoupatoulas (sp?)

And I'm adding Trombone Shorty, damn that was killer!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Tower of Power
    Little Feat
    Charlie Daniels
    Dire Straits
    Poco
    Neville Bros.
    The Wild Tchoupatoulas (sp?)

And I'm adding Trombone Shorty, @#!*% that was killer!  
    Saw Trombone Shorty at Austin City Limits. They are pure greatness
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    The Dead, The Band, SRV, John Lee, John Prine and Tragically Hip

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Dead, The Band, SRV, John Lee, John Prine and Tragically Hip
    Love John Prine- One of my all time faves. Do you know of Todd Snider? Kind of the John Prine 2.0 for lack of a better description. Singer, Songwriter, storyteller. Funny dude

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    No. I'll check him out though. I loved all the folksingers from the late sixties and seventies. Steve Goodman was one of the best

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• No. I'll check him out though. I loved all the folksingers from the late sixties and seventies. Steve Goodman was one of the best
    He's great.Start with Near Truths and Hotel Rooms. It's a live album and its really good. Some hilarious stories on there too
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Merle Haggert
    Conway Twitty
    Tammy Wynette
    Loretta Lynn

i'm with dave in Fla except we gotta have some George Jones, Stonewall Jackson, Alan Jackson, Garth, Brooks & Dunn, and the Rolling Stones.  Course Skynard and ZZ Top fits in as well....If I screw the food up at least I had a big time drinking and singing....ain't this a simple life!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    Pretty much blues only while grilling. Keb Mo or Eric Bibb are the two favorites. Sometimes I break out other genres but rarely. Now for other things, I listen to just about every musical style that exists.
  • Old crow medicine show,Avett brothers, and you have to give JJ grey and the mofros a chance you will dig there sound white boy who sounds like a old blues singer.can never go wrong with Willie and Johnny though

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Avett Brothers, Deer Tick, Van Morrison, Neil Young, Beck, Mumford & Sons, Passion Pit, Kings of Leon
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • ChadH
    ChadH Posts: 10
    edited August 2012

I go through phases with Pandora.  The following are some of the channels I like:

Jimmy Buffett, Jefferson Airplane, 80's Rock, Oak Ridge Boys, Three Dog Night, and Willie Nelson.