Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

even lighting xl

Options
jedawa
jedawa Posts: 24
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Green rookie here trying to light XL nice and even for searing.  Searched around the forums and got some great tips but didn't see anything about getting quick even burn in the giant XL firebox.   I'm thinking there must be a method to do it in a reasonable amount of time.  Tried the natural starters and electric starter but still end up with hot/cold spots unless I wait awhile.  Propane torch works ok, but does it pollute charcoal at all?  (Just tried the one I use for soldering copper pipe)  Was thinking of a looftlighter and just remembered my Milwaukee heat gun?  Or stirring coals after they're lit?  Sorry if I missed thread or comments on this.  Thanks for any tips or advice...
XL Big Green Egg, adjustable rig combo, Woo2, CyberQ, plate setter, Weber Genesis

Comments