Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Publix meat

PhiliciousPhilicious Posts: 316
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
We just had a Publix open up. Any of y'all have any thoughts on their meat?
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,876
    edited August 2012

They are usually igh end for the neighborhood, but great service and product.  Get to know the butcher staff.

·
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 365
    Use it almost every day. Get to know they guys in the department. Friends don't let friends buy junk.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 818
    Not bad for supermarkets, but if you have Costco or Sams Club, those are usually better (selection and price).
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,446
    Bone end pork roast.  Whole boxes, straight off the truck of turkey thighs.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • gatorBGEgatorBGE Posts: 80
    Grew up shopping Publix exclusively, worked in warehouses high school summers (grew up in corp hometown). Usually good and will now go out of my way to stop at one to stock up for weekend. We live in mountains of NW GA and nothing is truly convenient.
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
    ·
  • 4Runner4Runner Posts: 2,038
    My local butcher recommended Publix to me for a place to use when he is closed. Never been disappointed in Publix meats.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
    ·
  • Good store, prices are a bit high but good meat more or less.
    ·
  • KingRoverKingRover Posts: 115
    They'll always have meats on sale too, over past few months I've gotten spares, loin backs, butts, tenderloins on sale in pork dept, flap, flank, tri tip in beef. Butcher will take off membrane on ribs for you and trim to st Louis as well. I do wish there spares were meatier though. but otherwise, I've got no complaints. I like them better than Kroger,which injects some of their meats with solution. And cheaper than whole foods, my other option which I might go for if something is on sale or not available at publix, like fresh ground buffalo. I usually get seafood at WF though.
    ·
  • KingRoverKingRover Posts: 115
    Oh and their Greenwise lump (supposedly repackaged royal oak) is 5.49 for 8# bag. Not always well received here, but when it goes on sale for 4.49 I stock up and it does the job.
    ·
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    I like Publix meat just fine, especially when it's on sale.

Tim
    ·
  • I have had great luck with their greenwise choice ground chuck when I don't want to grind my own. The butcher staff is always willing to cut and wrap smaller pork butts for me as well.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,526
    They have good ribs and chicken wings

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·