Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing rack?

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Cheers Sgt, I was going to ask if it fits the xl but I see by your tag line you have one.
    Yep, the XL 2-tier is a 24" main grate and an 18" upper grate. 
    Anyone have any pics of meat and veggies on the two tier rack.
    I had some and thought I uploaded them but didn't.  There is a ton of room and it's useful as all can be.  Here is a pic of a pork shoulder just under 9 lbs sitting on a V-Rack with room under the top grate.
    This pic answered the question I had.  I was hoping you could use this rack with the platesetter for low and slows.
    \:D/
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    YEMTrey said:

Sgt93 said:

Cheers Sgt, I was going to ask if it fits the xl but I see by your tag line you have one.
    Yep, the XL 2-tier is a 24" main grate and an 18" upper grate. 
    Anyone have any pics of meat and veggies on the two tier rack.
    I had some and thought I uploaded them but didn't.  There is a ton of room and it's useful as all can be.  Here is a pic of a pork shoulder just under 9 lbs sitting on a V-Rack with room under the top grate.

This pic answered the question I had.  I was hoping you could use this rack with the platesetter for low and slows.
    \:D/

That you can! Love it. Can't wait to see everyone's pics of their cooks :)
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Yippie! I am so excited! I was just saying tonight while fumbling with the raised rack, Oh I need that swing rack so badly!!! Thanks for the update and as much as I have not enjoyed waiting, you have been awesome with your current updates and production information !!
  • I've been eyeing one of these, but my money evaporated somewhere.  I hope my wife starts anniversary shopping soon and picks one up for me.  Did you hear that Franco?  Get another production underway!
    Flint, Michigan
  • I ordered mine earlier this week.  I'm so excited, I feel like a fat man staring at a an all you can eat prime rib buffet!

This was my first time ordering from CGW and I must say it was an excellent experience.  They will definitely be getting more of my business. 

• CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Emails with tracking numbers have begun, stay tuned and check your emails.

Those of you that have ordered recently...within a day or 2 ago, this will be a true test of patience for you, as we are several weeks away...several meaning 3-7 wks.

Those of you that will be receiving your racks early next wk, please post pics and feed back.  Thank you very much.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for the number.  Tuesday is my day.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Whoo Hoo! I had a present on my porch today when I woke up!! That's right my SWING RACK! I got an email today from Franco that it was delivered, so I ran down there and there she was! Then he called and walked me through the SIMPLE assembly and it's sitting on my egg as I type this! Can't wait to cook tonight, my head is just swimming with ideas of what to cook! Here's a pic of the open box that is the top rack, post, and the 2 Allen wrench tools with T handle, bottom rack is below paper. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • CGW1
    Totally shocked you got yours that fast Lizzie.  Nice talking with you and have fun with your new 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System!!!  WWOOO HHOOO
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    edited August 2012
    Whoo Hoo! I had a present on my porch today when I woke up!! That's right my SWING RACK! I got an email today from Franco that it was delivered, so I ran down there and there she was! Then he called and walked me through the SIMPLE assembly and it's sitting on my egg as I type this! Can't wait to cook tonight, my head is just swimming with ideas of what to cook! Here's a pic of the open box that is the top rack, post, and the 2 Allen wrench tools with T handle, bottom rack is below paper. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    That is just plain Wrong! :-w  Of course he may have called you just because you are a girl (auto shop experience being unknown to him) ;)  and needed help putting it together!  :D
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • I'm sorry! I know it's hard to wait, I just happen to live in Indy which has a FedEx Hub. All boxes hipped on the ears coast go through Kentucky so nice I am so close it only takes about a day for me, if something is shipped from west coast it takes forever.
  • Sgt93
    I saw someone posting theirs on Instagram. If you haven't joined Instagram, you can search by hash tag #BigGreenEgg or even #BGE and fine several BGE user pics. Twitter as well. FYI
  • Sgt93
    Whoo Hoo! I had a present on my porch today when I woke up!! That's right my SWING RACK! I got an email today from Franco that it was delivered, so I ran down there and there she was! Then he called and walked me through the SIMPLE assembly and it's sitting on my egg as I type this! Can't wait to cook tonight, my head is just swimming with ideas of what to cook! Here's a pic of the open box that is the top rack, post, and the 2 Allen wrench tools with T handle, bottom rack is below paper. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Congrats!
  • Just ordered the Swing Rack and the extra post set..........time to sit back and wait!
  • JeffM
    JeffM Posts: 103
    How long before the next batch comes in?  I am looking at ordering one.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

I will not be getting my rack till Monday.

:((

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Order now, so you will get in with the next shipment!

Aviator, is that what the tracker says?
  • Got home from work and got th email from Franco.  Looked at the tracking info and it said "delivered"!!   As I hurried to the front door I felt like a kid running down the stairs on Christmas morning.

Have other plans this evening but can wait to break this thing in on Saturday.

It looks great Franco.  Thanks for everything.

• CGW1
    @JeffM, It'll be awhile 3-7 wks easy.  Place your order and you will be high on the list.  Orders are still coming in.

@Daveh1976, glad to hear your happy with it, it's a lot better when you use it...
    :))

@Chunky - thanks for the order, please be patient.
  • Sgt93
    I have one..... just saying :) Actually cooking a pork butt on her early in the morning for friends tomorrow night. Can't wait to see some pics. The one on Instagram is pretty good. I was hoping they were on the forum as well. 
  • I smell that you oiled it up already but do you have any advice on seasoning the grate before cooking on it?
  • CGW1
    @dave1976 just using it seasons it. No need to preseason. They've already been oiled with a veggie oil.
  • He said that to spray it with Pam or another spray or to brush with oil and let it heat up like that.
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Hello Franco

I didn't get an email regarding delivery.  Did you send everyone waiting for an order an email?

Thanks

Dan
  • CGW1
    @Dan4bbq. I'm sure yours went out let me check on it and I'll let you know. I'll reply to your email
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Hmmmm...... So I'm sitting here out-of-pocket waiting for the shaft kit.  That's OK.  I love you CGW!  I could express that love in public if you had T-shirts.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Sgt93
    Maybe a shirt with an angled grate view that says "this is a rack" :)) (female shirt of course)
  • CGW1
    Taking ideas for t shirts....let's hear em!!! Got Rack??? Nice Rack?? Now Thats A Stacked Rack??
  • Taking ideas for t shirts....let's hear em!!! Got Rack??? Nice Rack?? Now Thats A Stacked Rack??
    I gotta get one before the October for the EggFest!!
  • Sgt93
    Put a 9 lb butt on early this morning for dinner and drinks with friends.