Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sesame Coated Seared Ahi

Options
2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Beer.  A universal currency.  Hell yeah.
    Unless I'm fishing off key west. There you find Cubans fishing for lobster in international waters. They don't want beer. They want coke classic.
    You can buy coke in cuba. They bring it in from the other islands. Not sure if Canada sells it to them
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    Options
    Looks great CT.  How much tuna did you buy?  I'd like to do some for the wife and little one.

Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • Onegrecook
    Onegrecook Posts: 121
    Options
    Wow...that looks awesome!
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    @travis nice haul. I want to go deep fishing again.
    Great looking plate cen-tex. Gonna save those sauces.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Looks great CT.  How much tuna did you buy?  I'd like to do some for the wife and little one.

That was a 1.5lb filet. We fed 4 essentially adults (my boys are 13 and 17 and love Tuna) and had .25lb or so leftover. I would say .5 lb is plenty depending on how little your little one is.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    @travis nice haul. I want to go deep fishing again. Great looking plate cen-tex. Gonna save those sauces.
    Thanks. the sauces are great. I totally ripped them from Scott so I am just the messenger
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Old school!  2012 And photo bucket representing Hard. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    maybe this weekend, saw some fresh bluefin sunday at the local.  i like to slightly ceviche tuna before the sear and i think it will work with this recipe. always a judgement call when at the fish monger so we will see
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,625
    Options
    maybe this weekend, saw some fresh bluefin sunday at the local.  i like to slightly ceviche tuna before the sear and i think it will work with this recipe. always a judgement call when at the fish monger so we will see
    You have my attention.  How far do you let it cook as ceviche - 1/8”? 1/4” ?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    Legume said:

about an hour and its just over 1/8.  1/4 cup each lime juice and fish sauce,2.5 tbls sugar, 2 tsp rice wine vinegar, garlic, cilantro and some soy. save half and add some habanero and lime leaves for a dipping sauce.  i think these two recipes will mix nicely
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:

about an hour and its just over 1/8.  1/4 cup each lime juice and fish sauce,2.5 tbls sugar, 2 tsp rice wine vinegar, garlic, cilantro and some soy. save half and add some habanero and lime leaves for a dipping sauce.  i think these two recipes will mix nicely

can't wait to see it. Cool idea.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    This was before my egg era! Both the OP and resurrection cook look fantastic. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    This is so great!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,625
    Options
    bump because this one deserves it.

I made this again last night.  so good.  WF had yellowfin on sale, got some beautiful looking steaks for $20/lb with prime discount on top of sale.
  • ALLCAPS
    ALLCAPS Posts: 9
    Options
    What’s the best place for online orders?  Cost is no object, I want to party like I have SGH’s tractor or diesel money!
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    This is a favorite of mine to order at restaurants.  So glad you posted this so I can steal the recipe.  This looks tremendous.  It's great to see these non-4 legged cooks.  Well done. 
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Eat a lot of Ahi, that is the best looking I have ever seen.

Adopt me.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I've got about 30lbs of #1 in my freezer. Yip yip yipeeeee
    We are practically neighbors now. Will call next trip for a cookout. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Eat a lot of Ahi, that is the best looking I have ever seen.

Adopt me.

We have officially made the full time move to Fredericksburg so next time you are down, I'll adopt you for the afternoon. We live right in the middle of all the wineries.