Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Wife has 'challenged' me on ribs

NewEnglandEggerNewEnglandEgger Posts: 104
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
So...my wife surprised me this evening by informing me that she was going to 'kick my ass' in the rib cooking department. She has expressed a desire for the old 'fall off the bone' experience, and I prefer my ribs with a bit of tug. She has hinted at what she has in mind...and while the thought of wasted ribs pains me, I think I need to let her learn a little lesson. She is planning some sort of vinegar brine, and then she intends to cook the ribs at 250 for 6 to 6.5 hrs. I guess she thinks that longer cooking time equates directly to more tender ribs, on some sort of endless linear scale. Given her competitive nature, I learned years ago there is no teaching her in advance...so it should be interesting :) What do you all think the outcome is likely to be? NewEnglandEgger

Comments