Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cutting GrillGrates

timekpr1timekpr1 Posts: 151
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Has anybody cut there GrillGrates?  I was wondering what tool you used to do so.
Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
·

Comments

• Plasma cutter?
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,899
    Plasma cutters cut steel and cast iron like butter.

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    There is a more than one way to skin a cat, but I would think the most cost effective for you may be a sabre saw with a metal cutting blade. Definitely not as cool as a plasma cutter, but a lot easier on the wallet.
    ·
  • Hack saw, sawzall or even a grinder
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,899

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,120
    How about buying an XL Egg and you won't have to!
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • hoffmandhoffmand Posts: 91
    edited August 2012
    I used an old blade on my bandsaw.  GrillGrates also recommends a miter saw with carbide blade but I only have one blade for mine and didn't want to risk dulling it.  Aluminum is actually quite easy to cut with most wood working tools.

IMG_1911.JPG 138.2K
    Cedar Park, TX
    ·