Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Racing and Lasagna

TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Well I got a job last week and decided to go racing this weekend in Seattle (NHRA Funny Car). MRS T, asked me for some mommy meals while Im gone so I made her Lasagna. I had the sauce already and went to my local Italian Deli (Jimmys in Dallas) and got the pasta. I did the usual way of making lasagna and then threw Chicken Jalapeno Sausage (Food Processor) in the mix.

Baked it on the Egg at 275 for alost 1.5 hour and put the cheese on at 1.2 hour. One of the best Lasagna I have ever eaten.

l.JPG 284.3K
l1.JPG 353.8K
l2.JPG 312.8K

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,269
    Looks good.  Definitely will be doing this dish later this fall/winter.
    Steve 
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,049
    Did you use any wood for smoke?  Looks great!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Used a few Pecan Twigs I found in the neighbors yard. Made a slight smoke taste.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Looks good. Go ponies.
    Looks good. Go ponies.

PONY UP! If we beat ATM at home I am going to go nuts.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Ha! One can hope. That would be one big welcome to the sec. Just glad june is still the coach, even with that asu thing. Congrats on new employment. The future is bright and for sure tastier
    Ha! One can hope. That would be one big welcome to the sec. Just glad june is still the coach, even with that asu thing. Congrats on new employment. The future is bright and for sure tastier

June is my Neighbor so we talk alot. Thanks for new employment I spent two months on the plan.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,797
    Do you run Nitro or Alcohol? Of which I've had too much. I love NHRA, I go to Vegas & Sonoma every year. Go Tim Wilkerson !!!!

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• nice score on the job Tuttle! Congrats man. A little time off is a good thing, too much is a little nerve racking. Glad you landed on your feet
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
    Do you run Nitro or Alcohol? Of which I've had too much. I love NHRA, I go to Vegas & Sonoma every year. Go Tim Wilkerson !!!!

Run Alcohol, I work Nitro some times for the Patron Car . But Alcohol is where I know my buisness.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

nice score on the job Tuttle! Congrats man. A little time off is a good thing, too much is a little nerve racking. Glad you landed on your feet

The time off was great but I got bored quick.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Congrats on the new Job!