Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Interesting Wok failure

NewEnglandEggerNewEnglandEgger Posts: 104
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I ran into something new with my wok cooking tonight. Was attempting a simple chicken dish that I have done several times successfully. This time...the chicken was burned on the outside within 45 to 60 seconds. I had not previously worried much about the oil getting too hot. Tonight I was wok'ing in the rain, and I had a pretty red hot bed of coals going on. So...was it purely a matter of the peanut oil being too hot? Or did the rain hitting the oil contribute? If just a matter of overheated oil, how do you regulate that? The only other difference was that I added some of the new Dizzy Pig Bombay-ish to my normal seasoning. There is no sugar in it, so not sure it was a factor. Tom

Comments