Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon With Memphis Dust

Options
TUTTLE871
TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

A friend of mine kept ranting and raving about Memphis Dust. So I decided to make a batch today and see what all the hype was about. I had some Copper River Salmon left over and dusted down my fish and threw it on.

I was craving mushrooms so I stuffed with goat cheese and then had made some Habenero Mango Cream Sauce. I decided to that the mushrooms need that also.

I thought the Memphis dust was great with just the fish alone, then I plated the next piece of fish with the Habenero Sauce I had made and it was incredible.

I give the Mephis Dust a thumbs up if you are looking into making your own rubs.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• Wally_Wabash_03
    Options
    Looks fabulous.
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    Thumbs up!!!! Could you share how you cook the fish? Smoke?

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• TUTTLE871
    Options
    Thumbs up!!!! Could you share how you cook the fish? Smoke?
    Threw a little Alder chips on and cooked at 275 till it reached internal temp of 140 or so.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• BGEGP
    BGEGP Posts: 47
    edited July 2012
    Options
    How did you make your Habenero Mango Cream Sauce?  It sounds great?
  • TUTTLE871
    Options
    How did you make your Habenero Mango Cream Sauce?  It sounds great?

I cant take credit for it I got it from a friend

3 mangos, peeled and diced<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

2 Cup Heavy Cream
    1/4 cup minced red onion
    1 whole habanero pepper, seeded and diced
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon white pepper
    2 teaspoon butter
    Heat Pan with 1 teaspoon of oil and sauté the mangos, onions, pepper, parsley for 1 minute and then add the lemon juice and salt. Cook for additional 3 minutes on low heat and make sure it does not burn.

Add 2 Cups of heavy cream and bring to a boil. Remove to a blender and blend on low for approximately 1 minute while adding the butter.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Wally_Wabash_03
    Options
    Going to give this a shot this afternoon, but with raging river on a cedar plank.  Thanks for the cream sauce recipe.
  • Wally_Wabash_03
    Options
    Turned out phenomenal. We also used the sauce on steamed broccoli. Worked like a great spicy hollandaise.