Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody going to this? Eggs on the river. Sonoma, CA.

Rich_ie
Rich_ie Posts: 268
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
EGGS ON THE RIVER
Eggfest
August 4th, 2012 Sonoma County, CA

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I might after seeing this, it is my bday. Do you have anymore info?
  • HMB_Egg
    HMB_Egg Posts: 18
    I'll be there August 4th, got my tix couple weeks ago.

• North_Is_Up
    North_Is_Up Posts: 137

HMB,

Glad that you mentioned that you received your tix. I haven't, so I just emailed Chris about it.

Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
  • HMB_Egg
    HMB_Egg Posts: 18
    North,

Just checked, my tix are attached to an e-mail PDF format, so really what I have is an electronic ticket. Just wanted to clear that up
  • North_Is_Up
    I got nuthin', so far, except hotel reservations. Coming in from Tahoe.
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    Northern CA
  • Rich_ie
    Gunna try and round up a few friends and make it up there. 

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Didn't hear of it until this.  Some German friends will be in town, so whatever they want to do.
  • Great conversation! I am putting on the Eggfest and couldn't help but chime in. Bring your German friends, my 81 year old father will be there and not only is he an egghead, but he was born and raised in Germany. He always loves to speak German with people from there.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Oh how I wish I was out there.  An Eggfest and then a trip to Russian River Brewing Co for a nightcap is a damn near perfect day!

Cheers All!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• BYS1981
    Oh how I wish I was out there.  An Eggfest and then a trip to Russian River Brewing Co for a nightcap is a damn near perfect day!

Cheers All!
    Have you had a Salvation? I recommend it.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829

Cheers All!
    Have you had a Salvation? I recommend it.
    Oh yeah, Salvation is a good beer.  I was just at RRBC last month.  Made quite the night of it. Usually have some bottles mail ordered to me here in Cincy.
    Absolutely love it out there.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• BYS1981
    Yeah, I enjoy their brews, and usually send a few back to my buddy back east a few times a year.
  • I'm going to be up there that Friday. I might have to stay over and hit the fest. Sounds like a blast.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Rich_ie
    Hmm I want to go might make it still! 
  • North_Is_Up
    So. this Eggfest is coming up this weekend. Who is going and who is cooking? I'm a newbie, so I just want to see the action and meet up with some other Eggers.
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    Northern CA
  • BYS1981
    I will have to pass.. I am having a bbq bday party.
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited July 2012
    Yes, unfortunately for me, I too will have to pass X(

It seems that this year, for the various Bay Area / NorCal Eggfests, I've had something going on - for Smitty's "Eggs by the Bay," in San Jose I was on a road trip of the Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington, Vancouver, Whistler). 

And for this "Eggs on the River" in Sonoma, that's the same day as the Aerosmith concert I've got tickets for!! 

The only other NorCal Eggfest I know of is "EggtoberWest" in Sacramento, and I believe it's in October, I think? 

At any rate, the "Eggs on the River" sure looks to be an EGG-cellent time - and in such a BEAUTIFUL area!!!! We were just up in that area earlier in the summer (Santa Rosa, Sonoma, Yountville, Calistoga).  Did a tour of the Chateau Montelena winery (the one featured in the movie "Bottle Shock" which was the first American winery to win the big wine competition in Paris).

Have fun & take LOTS OF PICS - SURE WISH I COULD GO!!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    I was wondering why you didn't make "Eggs By The Bay"
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney

• I was wondering why you didn't make "Eggs By The Bay"
    heh... yeah, I think the day that the Eggs by the Bay was held, we were at Mt. St. Helens (luckily it didn't erupt) heheh... ;)

Last year I actually volunteered @ Eggs by the Bay, along w/ my GF & our son (we were the ones running around, picking up everyone's garbage) .  :-&

But this year, because we had to book our hotels & what not way in advance, I knew for quite awhile I wouldn't be able to make it to Eggs by the Bay. 

Between missing that, and missing this Eggs on the River, I haven't been to any Eggfests this year (hopefully they'll still have that EggtoberWest in Sac)...
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee