Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First overnight cook

HarrisFramptonHarrisFrampton Posts: 46
edited July 2012 in Pork
Finally decided to do an overnight cook.  Picked up a pack of shoulders @ Costco and brine/marinated for 24 hrs.  Put on egg @ 4 pm and cooked @ 225 until noon the next day with the internal temp @ 200. After removing from the egg, wrapped them in foil and put in cooler for 2  hours. It was worth the wait, the kiddos started eating as soon as I took the meat out of the cooler.  Will definitely be doing again.
Lots of garlic and orange juice.

Final product
Wimberley,TX
Large and small
photo1.JPG 156.1K
photo.JPG 151.2K
·

Comments

• DDay6642DDay6642 Posts: 4
    For your overnighter how much lump did you put in? 
    ·
  • BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 651
    DDay, When I have done overnight, I clean out the whole firebox and put all new lump in filling it back up. Not had a problem keeping it going all night.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • Did the same as Buckeye Bob stated, still have plenty of lump left after.
    Wimberley,TX
    Large and small
    ·