Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

First overnight cook

HarrisFramptonHarrisFrampton Posts: 56
edited July 2012 in Pork
Finally decided to do an overnight cook.  Picked up a pack of shoulders @ Costco and brine/marinated for 24 hrs.  Put on egg @ 4 pm and cooked @ 225 until noon the next day with the internal temp @ 200. After removing from the egg, wrapped them in foil and put in cooler for 2  hours. It was worth the wait, the kiddos started eating as soon as I took the meat out of the cooler.  Will definitely be doing again.
Lots of garlic and orange juice.

Final product
Large and small
photo1.JPG 156.1K
photo.JPG 151.2K

• DDay6642DDay6642 Posts: 4
    For your overnighter how much lump did you put in? 
  • BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 652
    DDay, When I have done overnight, I clean out the whole firebox and put all new lump in filling it back up. Not had a problem keeping it going all night.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Did the same as Buckeye Bob stated, still have plenty of lump left after.
    Large and small