Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spaghetti and Meatballs BGE Style 7-28-12

Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
There has been a lot of diet discussion today, and you can tell we're off the reservation.  Been that way for a month dealing with my daughter's wedding.  Monday starts a "reset" on our program which is a strict restart.  Last time I did that I lost 5 pounds in a week, which should put me right back where I was a month ago.

OK, only two more nights of debauchery left.

Meatballs were 50/50 Italian sausage and ground round.  Mixed finely diced sweet peppers, onion, and fresh garlic, with black pepper and sea salt, into the meat.

Cooked raised grid (next time lower grid) at close to 500 for about 5 minutes to a side.  Store bought sauce, but the same diced mixture of veggies added.  The bread was Alexia brand, which is the best prepared garlic bread I know.

I haven't had meatballs in I don't know how many decades.  This was good.  We are going to try the basket to make turkey balls, fish balls, crab balls......., with our usual veggies cooks.

Pics to follow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments