Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Do you like?

WickedIslandWickedIsland Posts: 148
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Brussel sprouts? We splurged tonight and had a starch with dinner because we went to one of our favorite butcher/Italian superettes and it is illeagle to go w/o getting rice balls. I am glad we did because we also had brussle sprouts and the husband was NOT happy. I loved them (olive oil and jamaican firewalk) Any good sprout cooking ideas would be appreciated. This was also my first rain cook and why, o why did I not think that the tin rain cap I used would be hot when I took it off for the first time? Ouch... fool. I like it better when I can sit with the egg outside rather that look at it out the window (doesn't look bad in pic but got much worse when it was time for dinner to come off) Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
·

Comments

• BrowninggoldBrowninggold Posts: 453
    Wife loves BS, me too
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    looks good and as for the brussel sprouts one of my favs not a fan of BS tho  :)) :-j
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • setdahooksetdahook Posts: 155
    Nice cook, hard one to beat. That backyard is pretty darn nice also. 
    ·
  • WickedIslandWickedIsland Posts: 148
    Nice cook, hard one to beat. That backyard is pretty darn nice also. 

Hey, thanks! Very small but unique and private.
    ·
  • WickedIslandWickedIsland Posts: 148
    That meal looks pretty tasty to me...

I like to saute the sprouts in some oil with minced garlic, pancetta, and a little dry white wine.

That meal looks pretty tasty to me...

I like to saute the sprouts in some oil with minced garlic, pancetta, and a little dry white wine.

Thanks Hapster... adding a bacon type product and wine might just get him to eat his sprouts
    ·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    We love brussel sprouts. Sometimes we saute them similar to the way Hapster does. Sometimes we roast them in a hot oven with just some olive oil and salt and pepper. We even shave them sometimes and either roast or saute them.
    ·
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    Yes. Yes I do.

Tim
    ·