Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

gasket change

Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
thinking about putting on my nomex gasket from BGE (top only - still have original bottom gasket)

do i need to take the lid off for this?  i have the bottom as well - maybe i should remove the bottom and install as well - best method to take original off...just/scrape with box knife? 

also - i know i need to do a low temp cook - i'd like to do a pork but tomorrow - is it ok to do the initial burn with food in or not recommended?
·

Comments

• I am doing one as we speak. I took the dome off for this one but did not for the self adhesive gaskets in the past. I got the gasket on in minutes after taking the dome off. it was a snap. little messy with the glue but I taped off most of it and will clean burn off any overspray when I put it back together this afternoon.

·
  • Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
    what type of glue/adhesive did you use?
    ·
  • what type of glue/adhesive did you use?
    3M77 spray

·
  • Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
    nevermind - i see it on the instructions (there's a novel idea - reading the instructions!)
    ·
  • nevermind - i see it on the instructions (there's a novel idea - reading the instructions!)
    :))

I know, but we are dudes. We don't need no stinking instructions!

·