Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DC BBQ Battle. Some pictures. (dial-up beware)

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MorningScene!.jpg
<p />Finally a couple minutes to post some pictures of the Eggs meeting DC this past weekend. The above picture is from near our site in the first light of the mornin before the crowds. It was totally surreal camping in the middle of Pennsylvania Avenue among all the wild architecture. We were across the avenue from the Reagan building, and adjacent to Freedom Plaza and tha National Theatre. Here is the Reagan building and a hazy moon.[p]ReaganBuilding.jpg[p]And then our site in the morning.[p]OurSIteAM.jpg[p]AndyKennyTrimRibs.jpg[p]Above is Andrew, of the Sweetgum Hollow team, helping Kenny (Hatch) trim up some spare ribs. I felt silly cooking 14 slabs, but apparently it's what you do when you are at a Memphis in May contest! Here is the ribs on the cookers before I added the last two slabs.[p]EggsRibs.jpg[p]We had the full lineup of eggs.[p]EggLineup.jpg[p]The bands were sometimes overbearingly loud (especially Jimmy's Chicken Shack, but there was a killer Zydeco band playing one night. The famous daves stage was almost right across from us.[p]CrowdBand.jpg[p]We turned in some pork loin along with a tenderloin for our pork entry. Still not seen the scoresheet, and no idea how it did (not in top 6 is all I know!)[p]PorkBox.jpg[p]It was great to have the family stop by to enjoy the heat with us![p]Family.jpg[p]The Redskin Hogettes stopped by to say hi, and, funny, but one of them was one of our onsite judges on Sunday!!![p]Hoggetes.jpg[p]Then there is this classic shot of Mad Max, who gave up Coca Cola for Funnel Cake! LOL.[p]maxFunnelcake.jpg[p]And finally, Hatch and me on the stage!! What an honor that was. This is us snagging our trophy for the chicken.[p]OnStage.jpg[p]All in all a fantastic weekend of egging in our Nation's Capital! Thanks for all the help Andy, Spawn, Max and my lovely wife.[p]Hope yall enjoy the pix!
Happy egging
Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments