Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef & Bok Choy

Options
R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Tonight I did my first wok cook on my new Large Egg & new spider.  Took some inspiration from a recipe in the Breath of a Wok book and came up with beef (flank steak) & bok choy.

Here's some pics of the cook & meal:

imageimage

and plated:

It was a nice meal.  Thanks for looking!

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks nice and simple, the way I like it.  Good job.
    Options
    looks very good!...I've been sitting on my newly seasoned wok and been thinking about doing my 1st wok cook...after reading your post I just might do my first cook. How you like that book? I ordered stir fry to the sky's edge and should be receiving it tomorrow.
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    looks very good!...I've been sitting on my newly seasoned wok and been thinking about doing my 1st wok cook...after reading your post I just might do my first cook. How you like that book? I ordered stir fry to the sky's edge and should be receiving it tomorrow.
    So far I like the book but I've only cooked a couple of the recipes so far. I've read a lot of good reviews on it. The book you purchased looks like it has some great ratings.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA