Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco "egg"

HarleyDoug
HarleyDoug Posts: 69
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Love my BGE - Happened to see an egg knock off and just wondering what people know/think about it - I really didn't study it sure doesn't look like the quality of a BGE

Thanks much,
Doug

Comments

• SmoothSmoke
    SmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    edited July 2012
    I've seen them in person.  I believe they're made by Vision?  They seem OK, but not sure if the support, warranty and access to accessories makes it worth it.  I'd rather get a kamado from a company with a known reputation. 
  • They are OK. My bro in law just bought one. Has a lifetime warranty and all the accessories from CGS and CGW fit on them. The one my bro in law bought was the same size as my large. grids and platesetters etc are interchangeable (what he told me, I haven't used it)

Honestly, it looked OK to me- especially for the $

I was choosing between that and a large as a gift for my FIL and I paid the extra and went BGE.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Thanks everyone - I was just wondering - I'm happy with my BGE and not planning on changing - thanks much,
  • ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    I saw one at Academy Sports and was interested in it. I am cheap. But my wife and adult son bought the genuine large BGE for me for my birthday last week, and I couldn't be happier. Except it is on my credit card.

Tim
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    I saw one at Academy Sports and was interested in it. I am cheap. But my wife and adult son bought the genuine large BGE for me for my birthday last week, and I couldn't be happier. Except it is on my credit card.

Tim
    You might have to pay for it yourself, but you didn't have to ask for permission or forgiveness.  Not a bad deal as far as I can see.  

:\">
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    I actually bought that Vison one 1st then did research and found all you people here. Also mine out f the box had a chip out of it, and worried me. So I returned and found a fest to go to! LOVE my LBGE and of course all of you :x