Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey you. Yes, you lurkers who are not posting.

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

Lurk more than post, mostly to keep from looking/being completely stupid ! Have found this to be a very helpful place, wish I would have listened to you and not the dealer on what size to buy....

:D
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Work, school, and many "honey-dos" keep me from posting as much as I want... in fact, did a really AWESOME tasting pork shoulder this past weekend (my best yet), and even took pics - but haven't posted about it yet (will HOPEFULLY do that this weekend). 
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Newville
    Newville Posts: 84
    busted. been lurking for months. I appriciate all the info on this forum though. Had a pizza tonight and waiting for xl to cool  down to do a pork shoulder overnite. Here are a couple of pics pizza and shoulder waiting to get cooked low and slow.

Awesome looking pics 3under!
  • 3under
    3under Posts: 19
    busted. been lurking for months. I appriciate all the info on this forum though. Had a pizza tonight and waiting for xl to cool  down to do a pork shoulder overnite. Here are a couple of pics pizza and shoulder waiting to get cooked low and slow.

Awesome looking pics 3under!
    thanks newville. Been to hot to cook so I've just been munching leftovers. Although I'm I am having withdrawels, so I layed out 1/2 a venison backstrap for tommorow.
  • smg8562
    smg8562 Posts: 6
    Busted here - bought a used L and have been building a table; only fired it up last weekend so, lurking in hopes of getting some education. Thanks to all as I'm sure I'll be asking questions.
  • Optiontrader
    Optiontrader Posts: 174
    I haven't been posting much, but I'll do better!
    Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
  • I've only got a few posts but I try and participate ;)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Lurkers don't bother me.  I've taken way more than I've given over the years.  Trying to redeem myself on this forum.  Or help create chaos and confusion.

Just to add a little more math on lurker views vs comments:  Even though I commented once or twice on this thread, I have viewed it over 30 times to see all the new responses over the last few days.  Therefore, views VS comments may not be a good indication of massive lurker activity.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited July 2012
    Lurkers don't bother me.  I've taken way more than I've given over the years.  Trying to redeem myself on this forum.  Or help create chaos and confusion.

You will find stike is in charge of  chaos and confusion, but he is good enough to tell us which is which.
    =))
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    lurkers are lurking
    be afraid
    Is there such a thing as feets or is it just feet?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    I imagine I hear hands or hands-down and usually we only have two hands unless you have been using Briquettes in your egg. So if you have four feet I spose' it would be feets down.
  • nolaegghead
    Isn't the plural of fish fishes?  Lolcat speak doesn't follow normal literary rules....
    Isn't the plural of fish fishes?  Lolcat speak doesn't follow normal literary rules....
    It's feesh. Duh.
    XL BGE
  • nolaegghead
    That's southern lolcat.  There are different dialects...  http://speaklolcat.com/?from=fishes
    edited July 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uXqoT9pgAk

One of my favorite comedians Brian Regan on plurals.

Huh. No idea why the embedded video won't show up. It shows up in the edit window just fine, but not in the actual post. Weird. Anyway, here's the link.
    XL BGE
  • ducksbuddy
    ducksbuddy Posts: 56
    Travis and cen-tex have changed the way i look at my food! Thanks Guys!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    OMG you did not just print that. Say it ain't so..........
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Travis and cen-tex have changed the way i look at my food! Thanks Guys!
    in the words of our good pal gary and long lost Tweev..................Lawd Hab Moicy!

I hope you are kidding...for your sake :)) (I mean about Travis, my food is awesome)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • moose28
    moose28 Posts: 61
    Xcellent thread. A lot of knowledge on this forum. I am guilty of lurking out of pure laziness. I will usually look at a thread but it there are a lot of posts I usually give up and look for the ones where the posts are shorter, or funny, or confrontational. :D Jk
    Chad.
  • travisstrick

in the words of our good pal gary and long lost Tweev..................Lawd Hab Moicy!

I hope you are kidding...for your sake :)) (I mean about Travis, my food is awesome)

I resemble that remark!
  • msnglinc
    msnglinc Posts: 5
    I guess I better post up....first post so I guess that makes me the definitive lurker. No BGE yet, doing my research here, hence the lurking. Undecided on the L vs. XL but leaning toward the XL. Buddy just sold his house and has no place to keep his LBGE. Gonna borrow it to learn on and convince my wife we really need one. Dont mind me I will be lurking...I mean learning from all the experience here for the forseeable future. Oh yea, thanks for calling me out! LOL!
  • WickedIsland
    WickedIsland Posts: 153

Ha! Same here... no rules. Around here fish plural is absolutely fishes although not "propa"
  • calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    msnglinc I also had the dilemma on size, let the dealer talk me into a large after this site suggested XL. Long story short I should have listened to the knowledge of this site, wish I had bought the XL, I have filled the large on several cooks and needed more room.I guess I am going to have to go multi level!!!!
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • travisstrick
    msnglinc I also had the dilemma on size, let the dealer talk me into a large after this site suggested XL. Long story short I should have listened to the knowledge of this site, wish I had bought the XL, I have filled the large on several cooks and needed more room.I guess I am going to have to go multi level!!!!
    Wise words. None of knows everything but, on this site, you can get an educated answer on almost anything. e.g. Stike knows about eating rotten meat, Howdy Doody knows about wok'in and I, well...... I know about liquor drinks and shooting stuff. You get the idea. 
  • nolaegghead
    Shooting with your camera or in the ballistic sense?

speaking of liquor drinks, I might go here this weekend.... http://www.curenola.com/

He shoots plenty of both

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    still lurking..... :-$

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings